Chiefs post game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Chiefs post game

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:07 pm

We beat Denver. 17-9 or something close to that.

Lose to Dallas, Seattle and GB and win the rest assuming Chicago has given up by then.

10-6 with a first round WC loss. Just enough to keep Zimmer and Spielman employed and keep the Vikings from seriously looking at upgrading at QB in the 2020 draft.

In other words, worst case scenario.
Dallas lost to the Jets. GB just got whooped by the Chargers. Seattle nearly lost to Cincy and Tampa at home this year. Your negative attitude is depressing....
I have been one of the most positive people in this thread, just not about your guy.
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Nope, they will break your heart, again, trust me, underachieving Purple Bastards.
Last edited by Tark on Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Dames wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Tark wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:34 pm Love your optimism.I have followed this team and been a fan for 30+ years and know to expect disappointment at every turn, sorry.
Just was counting... and I'm almost at 40 years. Wow! I mean, sometimes I think it's a miracle I'm still a fan. That's lots of years of torture. That said, I totally get where you're coming from. I just decided to let it roll of my back a bit more than I used to.

I'll continue to torture myself as a fan... then take a deep breath, smile and ask for more. Kumbaya and all that #### brother.

I just turned 55 Oct 24th. I have pics of me in Viking pajamas, my little J.C. Penny Viking helmet, and my wifes best friend ( we all grew up in the same block) still has an old mimeograph copy.. prob very few here remember those.. from when the 3 of us were in 1st grade. The teacher has "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Right there beside my name was my answer.
Brett P. " I want to play for and own the Minnesota Vikings".
So trust me , I KNOW and UNDERSTAND heartbreak and disappoint all too well.
After yesterday's tirade my wife told me she wish I would just start hating football and quit watching the Vikings. Lol. Poor woman has suffered because of my pain.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

I'm almost 61 and have grown accustomed to disappointment. :spanking:
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:25 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm

Dallas lost to the Jets. GB just got whooped by the Chargers. Seattle nearly lost to Cincy and Tampa at home this year. Your negative attitude is depressing....
I have been one of the most positive people in this thread, just not about your guy.
I agree, you have been Stump. I don't think you've been unreasonable this thread. That said, you and PHP just need to move on. I really like both of you. You each have valid points. Both of you are smart, articulate posters with differing opinions on a certain someone... but the constant bickering is tiring. I get enough of that from my teenage daughters. Sorry, if I overstepped here, but I don't want to mute either one of you.
Damian
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:38 pm I just turned 55 Oct 24th. I have pics of me in Viking pajamas, my little J.C. Penny Viking helmet, and my wifes best friend ( we all grew up in the same block) still has an old mimeograph copy.. prob very few here remember those.. from when the 3 of us were in 1st grade. The teacher has "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
After yesterday's tirade my wife told me she wish I would just start hating football and quit watching the Vikings. Lol. Poor woman has suffered because of my pain.
That's good stuff.

My wife is as big of fan as I am, but I still drive her nuts. It's a double standard, because she yells at the TV too, but I'm smart enough not to bring that up. (I might be louder I guess.)
Damian
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Tark wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:42 pm I'm almost 61 and have grown accustomed to disappointment. :spanking:
We really need a Superbowl win. There are so many long time, dedicated (and tortured) fans of this team. What a relief it would be for everyone.
Damian
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Dames wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:59 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:38 pm I just turned 55 Oct 24th. I have pics of me in Viking pajamas, my little J.C. Penny Viking helmet, and my wifes best friend ( we all grew up in the same block) still has an old mimeograph copy.. prob very few here remember those.. from when the 3 of us were in 1st grade. The teacher has "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
That's good stuff.

My wife is as big of fan as I am, but I still drive her nuts. It's a double standard, because she yells at the TV too, but I'm smart enough not to bring that up. (I might be louder I guess.)
My wife will hope they win but she doesn't even hardly watch it. She just can't understand how I can get so worked up over a game. She doesn't get it. She misses the old days before Sunday Ticket when I wasn't able to see every single game. I've had it ever since it came out.
My daughter is a hard core fan. She watches every game she can.
I remember the night before the 98 Championship game I was so nervous I was puking the night before. My mom told her get used to it , cuz he's been like this since he was little.
I always say I've never laid a hand on you, never cheated on you, I dont go to strip clubs, I havent partied since I was 25, so being addicted to Bowhunting and Vikings football is pretty healthy.
She agrees, just hates it when I get really pissed and let it RIP.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:33 am
S197 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am Hill had some nice splash plays, which he’s going to get but it was Watkins who had a great game. He was catching everything and extended key drives. The KC defense played well against the run and even better against play action. Most of the time absolutely no one was open, they definitely game planned to shut that down. The first drive I think it was execution rather than play calls. Thielen was WIDE open on 2nd down, I’m talking no one within 15 yards and Cousins didn’t see him until it was way too late and then still threw off target. But the play was definitely there.

I agree this was a team loss. Coaches, defense, Cousins, special teams, they all could have done much better. They also had an extra long week to prepare. Hate to say it because I love the guy but I think this team tops out around 10 wins + or - 1 while Zimmer is HC. He doesn’t have what it takes to get to the next level. The offense especially is incredibly basic, it’s really noticeable next to a Reid run offense. On defense we have far too much draft capital invested to be just above average.
We won 13 in 2017 with him as HC.
And we’ve won less than 10 some years too. My point is Zimmer is an above average coach and this is an above average team but that’s the ceiling. It’s not a championship caliber team. Some fans are fine with a perennial wildcard team, which the Vikings have been for decades. I don’t think there’s a franchise that’s won more games with zero championships. Those fans are probably content and I’m glad for them, I’m just not in that camp.

For me it’s all about a championship. I really don’t give a damn about a 1st round playoff win to be honest. I’ve seen enough close, “moral victory” seasons to last me a lifetime. We are dead last in cap space going into next year. Brez is amazing but you can’t squeeze blood from a turnip. Our window is right now.
Mogvet
Practice Squad

Post by Mogvet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:28 pm
808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:54 pm

.. and that Cousins has turned a corner.

All phases showed flashes but also made big mistakes. 6-3 is so different from being 7-2, and it'll feel even worse if GB wins today.
Cousins didn’t have any turnovers. If anything he was inaccurate today which doesn’t happen often. If it wasn’t for him we would have been blown out. But when do the Vikings lose and nobody blames cousins for the loss? It literally never happens
I was at the game and I can tell you he was more than just off, some of his passes were a 3 feet over the intended receiver, many times he was behind the receiver or threw at their feet. My brother-in-law who I was at the game with said he didn't know Cousins was that bad, I said usually he is very accurate but was completely off during that game. The officiating was complete garbage for both teams, was horrible!
Mogvet
Practice Squad

Post by Mogvet »

About the defense:

6th in total yards allowed per/g
4th in total points allowed per/g
+4 turnover ratio (7th in league)
7th in INT's
12th in fumbles
6th in sacks
6th in total tackles

So I don't know if the defense really is the problem, from stats alone they are top 10 in almost every category....maybe I am missing something.

Is it bad play calling by the coach and even if so being in the top 10 doesn't seem like it. :confused:
Mogvet
Practice Squad

Post by Mogvet »

On Cousins:

Passing % 68.8 11th in league
16 TD's to 3 INT's
Rating of 112
20th in yards per/g 246.3
4th in 20+ yard passes
9th in 40+ yard passes
Sacked 16 times (T-with 3 other players)
16th in 1st downs 95
3rd in average per with 8.8

So is this a case of bad play calling by the coaches or is it the fault of Cousins????
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Mogvet wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:59 pm About the defense:

6th in total yards allowed per/g
4th in total points allowed per/g
+4 turnover ratio (7th in league)
7th in INT's
12th in fumbles
6th in sacks
6th in total tackles

So I don't know if the defense really is the problem, from stats alone they are top 10 in almost every category....maybe I am missing something.

Is it bad play calling by the coach and even if so being in the top 10 doesn't seem like it. :confused:
They are a top 10 D. Not elite, but top 10.

They played the #2 offense and gave up 26 points, which was below their average, but not good. It happens, and it is the reason we felt we needed an upgrade at the QB spot after the 2017 Philly game. Even great defenses have bad games, and when that happens, you need an offense that can step up and win you one.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingLord wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:45 am But I do have to ask how you can be a fan of this team and not be "perpetually pessimistic"
I'm optimistic, and I've been a fan for longer than 95% of the people on this board.

My question is simple. Why does it matter to you what I am?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Tark wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:01 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:58 pm

lol and here come the overreactions following a loss....... :lol: :lol:
Prove me wrong.
Why?

Why should anybody bother to prove you wrong?

News flash. Nobody cares.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.