Holton HIll Suspended Again

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Holton HIll Suspended Again

Post by YikesVikes »

Will miss 8 games total. We are in trouble.
S197
Fenrir

Re: Holton HIll Suspended Again

Post by S197 »

Definitely throws a wrench in things. He should be cut.

We better hope Boyd or the guy we picked up from the other league whose name escapes me is serviceable
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The NFL announced Vikings cornerback Holton Hill has been suspended for four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. This is on top of the four-game suspension Hill already received for violating the PED policy. He’s out for eight games.
Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib

That's what happens when you shake the dice with a dude like Holton. I'm so glad we didn't trade Trae Waynes.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Texas Vike wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:56 pm
The NFL announced Vikings cornerback Holton Hill has been suspended for four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. This is on top of the four-game suspension Hill already received for violating the PED policy. He’s out for eight games.
Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib

That's what happens when you shake the dice with a dude like Holton. I'm so glad we didn't trade Trae Waynes.
Did he do something additional? Why did they add games?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:28 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib

Did he do something additional? Why did they add games?
My understanding is that the first 4 game penalty was for PED. This second one is for substance abuse, likely weed.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Ugh... That's disappointing.
:wallbang:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I truly don't understand how things work in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson spanks his son with a switch -- suspended for an entire season. Justified.

Holton Hill smokes weed (legal in 11 states and Washington D.C.) -- suspended four games. Justified (I guess ... it's a rule in the NFL).

Tyreek Hill breaks his son's arm -- No suspension. No fine. Nothing.

Somebody needs to give Roger Goodell a drug test.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm I truly don't understand how things work in the NFL.

Adrian Peterson spanks his son with a switch -- suspended for an entire season. Justified.

Holton Hill smokes weed (legal in 11 states and Washington D.C.) -- suspended four games. Justified (I guess ... it's a rule in the NFL).

It definitely makes no sense. That being said, the reason he went undrafted is because of this very problem. Then he gets hit for PEDs, which rumor has it could have been something taken to mask marijuana. Then he’s caught with Roc who not only had weed but a handgun and a bunch of cash.

It’s just one bad decision after another. If he screws up again, it will be a 10 game suspension. It’s enticing to keep a guy around who is paid very little and won’t count against the roster while suspended, but is he really worth the risk? I don’t see a Jared Allen turnaround story here, he just doesn’t seem to get it.

Teams were right to pass on him and I think it’s better they cut their losses.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:48 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:29 pm I truly don't understand how things work in the NFL.

It definitely makes no sense. That being said, the reason he went undrafted is because of this very problem. Then he gets hit for PEDs, which rumor has it could have been something taken to mask marijuana. Then he’s caught with Roc who not only had weed but a handgun and a bunch of cash.

It’s just one bad decision after another. If he screws up again, it will be a 10 game suspension. It’s enticing to keep a guy around who is paid very little and won’t count against the roster while suspended, but is he really worth the risk? I don’t see a Jared Allen turnaround story here, he just doesn’t seem to get it.

He's also a bad influence to have around our young impressionable guys. He likes hanging with RBs, I don't want him anywhere near Dalvin.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Didn't Goodell say something like they couldn't prove TYREEK Hill did it? Or some dumb thing... It also sounded like the testimony of his wife or whatever was choppy. I think the legal investigation is ongoing though.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I give Speilman credit for taking a chance. The guy played very well for a rookie. I said on another post about him that the PED suspension could have been for any substance. This time around it's substances of abuse. I'm not sure what that means. Could be any type of substance I guess. Glue, paint, anti-freeze ect........ I would assume he's toast at this point I know most feel Hughes will be ready to rock week 1 but I'm a little more pessimistic or realistic than that. It takes time to get back to game speed. If Rhodes don't bounce back to his stellar self this will be a problem area for us. In today's game a team must be deep at DB. We have 3 question marks IMO and that's hard to fill. I guess we can use the proven Denny Green approach and use a WR back there. That's close enough.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

They have his wife on tape saying she is the one who hurt their son, not Tyreek. He is no angel, but it appears his biggest mistake was marrying a nut job.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:26 am
S197 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:48 am

He's also a bad influence to have around our young impressionable guys. He likes hanging with RBs, I don't want him anywhere near Dalvin.
That's a very good point I hadn't considered.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

CharVike wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am I give Speilman credit for taking a chance. The guy played very well for a rookie. I said on another post about him that the PED suspension could have been for any substance. This time around it's substances of abuse. I'm not sure what that means. Could be any type of substance I guess. Glue, paint, anti-freeze ect........ I would assume he's toast at this point I know most feel Hughes will be ready to rock week 1 but I'm a little more pessimistic or realistic than that. It takes time to get back to game speed. If Rhodes don't bounce back to his stellar self this will be a problem area for us. In today's game a team must be deep at DB. We have 3 question marks IMO and that's hard to fill. I guess we can use the proven Denny Green approach and use a WR back there. That's close enough.
I also don't think Hughes will be ready week 1. He certainly won't be 100%. No announcement yet he's starting on the PUP (knock on wood) so that's a good sign at least.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

He didn't break his son's arm. It was broken accidentally. Happens all the time. Just because the mother made an allegation **WHILE RECORDING THE PHONE CALL** ....... doesnt mean he did it.