Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:45 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 am

No what you do is hold Kirk Cousins accountable. Not the TEAM. Because if you held the TEAM accountable, then you would understand where myself and others are coming from when discussing last season. I've already laid out the laundry list of factors that affected this past season. You've ignored those and solely focused on Kirk Cousins and "his" record. That is the difference.
I have commented on the line and OC. It is just when I say things about them, no one accuses me of saying they were solely responsible for the failure of the team and gets all emotional about them.
lol in nearly all the posts you make, I would say a solid 90% of them involve Kirk Cousins and something he did wrong or some sort of knock on him. You know that and I know that. I dont think you have any clue what kind of perception you give off regarding this team. I believe you are a die hard fan through and through like all of us on here, but who you direct blame to and how you direct it is what I dont think you're understanding. It's the main reason you were just in a 3 on 1 spew with me, Raptor and VV. We all have a right to our own opinion but usually if you're the lone soldier making a point and the rest are disagreeing, you're probably in the wrong. I've been in your spot a few times over 7 years of being on here. Everyone has. It's just the way it is and it happens.

But dont sit here and try to go down the TEAM line with me. I've brought that up 100 times towards you but it's always been Kirk this and Kirk that with you. You seem to try and change your main idea too often to make different points to somehow help your argument. Such as the Jackson/Mahomes thing, defending Teddy, that you're holding the team accountable for 2018, etc. You werent pushing for Mahomes in 2017 or Jackson in 2018 back in 2016 when we made the Bradford trade nor just before either draft. And you werent holding the team accountable for the 2018 season. You were holding Kirk Cousins accountable for about 90% of it and everything else about 10% if you're lucky. And that's why we are at this point now. If you were actually being reasonable with who is blamed for what and actually dug deeper than just a record that guys on here would be jumping all over you for this and that? No. It's just you arent being reasonable and that's why we are where we are.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:40 am
VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am
The simple fact of the matter is that Cousins on the whole played well. He was a better than average QB and a very good passer. He was not part of the problem he was part of the solution.
Except for against the Bears x 2, Seattle, NO, Buffalo and NE, I would agree that he helped the team win more than he helped them lose.
And there ya go again...yup all those losses were because of Kirk Cousins. :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 am

Except for against the Bears x 2, Seattle, NO, Buffalo and NE, I would agree that he helped the team win more than he helped them lose.
And there ya go again...yup all those losses were because of Kirk Cousins. :confused:
Not only because of Kirk, but his poor play was a big part of those losses.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 am
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:45 am

I have commented on the line and OC. It is just when I say things about them, no one accuses me of saying they were solely responsible for the failure of the team and gets all emotional about them.
lol in nearly all the posts you make, I would say a solid 90% of them involve Kirk Cousins and something he did wrong or some sort of knock on him. You know that and I know that. I dont think you have any clue what kind of perception you give off regarding this team. I believe you are a die hard fan through and through like all of us on here, but who you direct blame to and how you direct it is what I dont think you're understanding. It's the main reason you were just in a 3 on 1 spew with me, Raptor and VV. We all have a right to our own opinion but usually if you're the lone soldier making a point and the rest are disagreeing, you're probably in the wrong. I've been in your spot a few times over 7 years of being on here. Everyone has. It's just the way it is and it happens.

But dont sit here and try to go down the TEAM line with me. I've brought that up 100 times towards you but it's always been Kirk this and Kirk that with you. You seem to try and change your main idea too often to make different points to somehow help your argument. Such as the Jackson/Mahomes thing, defending Teddy, that you're holding the team accountable for 2018, etc. You werent pushing for Mahomes in 2017 or Jackson in 2018 back in 2016 when we made the Bradford trade nor just before either draft. And you werent holding the team accountable for the 2018 season. You were holding Kirk Cousins accountable for about 90% of it and everything else about 10% if you're lucky. And that's why we are at this point now. If you were actually being reasonable with who is blamed for what and actually dug deeper than just a record that guys on here would be jumping all over you for this and that? No. It's just you arent being reasonable and that's why we are where we are.
My actual posts have been very reasonable, what you think you read because of emotions clouding your reading comprehension is not very reasonable. I have no control over that though.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 am

My actual posts have been very reasonable, what you think you read because of emotions clouding your reading comprehension is not very reasonable. I have no control over that though.
So that must mean me, VV and Raptor are all letting "our emotions cloud our reading comprehension"?? :lol:

There is one common denominator in all of this Stump and for whatever reason, you just cant see that. If your posts were reasonable, you wouldnt have 3 different guys arguing points you're trying to make. On a consistent basis no less.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:41 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 am

So that must mean me, VV and Raptor are all letting "our emotions cloud our reading comprehension"?? :lol:

There is one common denominator in all of this Stump and for whatever reason, you just cant see that. If your posts were reasonable, you wouldnt have 3 different guys arguing points you're trying to make. On a consistent basis no less.
Yes, that is what it means. You in particular, but all three of you appear to be fans who refuse to acknowledge their team ever made any mistake.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Yes, that is what it means. You in particular, but all three of you appear to be fans who refuse to acknowledge their team ever made any mistake.
lol ok dude. No we are just realistic fans that arent calling Kirk Cousins a mistake after 1 season when he still has two more. And the fact that the entire team crapped the bed last year to top it off. You are just begging for someone to hate Cousins with you and cant find anyone. So you think you're going to somehow change our minds. Nobody can have a hate deeper than yours. Well I know of one but you arent far off. None of us are sitting here saying Cousins was mistake free, but we also arent calling for his head and know he was not the root of the problem. Again, being realistic vs unrealistic
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 pm

lol ok dude. No we are just realistic fans that arent calling Kirk Cousins a mistake after 1 season when he still has two more. And the fact that the entire team crapped the bed last year to top it off. You are just begging for someone to hate Cousins with you and cant find anyone. So you think you're going to somehow change our minds. Nobody can have a hate deeper than yours. Well I know of one but you arent far off. None of us are sitting here saying Cousins was mistake free, but we also arent calling for his head and know he was not the root of the problem. Again, being realistic vs unrealistic
Again just making stuff up in your head.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am
The simple fact of the matter is that Cousins on the whole played well. He was a better than average QB and a very good passer. He was not part of the problem he was part of the solution.
So he was part of the solution. No disclaimers needed. I am soon going to consider you a troll. Constantly looking for negative $hit to annoy everybody.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 am

Not only because of Kirk, but his poor play was a big part of those losses.
The Bears had the best D in the NFL last year. Maybe Kirk didn't play poorly, but the Bears played well.
You may not be aware of this, but they have highly skilled professional athletes on their team also. I'm out. No more replies to Stump on anything he has to say about Captain Kirk.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Or, maybe we are fans who have been down this road before and know it takes more than 16 games to acknowledge that a mistake was made. Just because they didn't win last year doesn't mean Signing Cousins was a mistake. Of course I'v been down this road before. Let's see, the first time was when they traded Fran Tarkenton to the Giants. And started some guy named Kapp. But then Fran, as talented as many believed was 27-46-4. Not a winning QB. So Fran spent 5 years in NY amassing a wonderful 33-36 record there. But then he came back. Different coach different attitude. Better team. Now, his first year back they went 7-7. Missed the playoffs. Then the next 4 years the Vikings went 45-10-1. Went to 3 Super Bowls and lost in the division game. Now, I wonder, had they dumped Fran after that 7-7 year, would they have made it to those 3 Super Bowls?

And BTW, nothing the Vikings have done in the last 45 years comes close to the mistake as hiring Les Steckel as a coach. I lived through that, Cousins is a piece of cake.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

Just hope that Cousins can get out of the 500 sub par QB he claims to be. And get weapons like Rhodes and Thielan to throw more to.
Ready for Halloween
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Raptorman wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Or, maybe we are fans who have been down this road before and know it takes more than 16 games to acknowledge that a mistake was made. Just because they didn't win last year doesn't mean Signing Cousins was a mistake. Of course I'v been down this road before. Let's see, the first time was when they traded Fran Tarkenton to the Giants. And started some guy named Kapp. But then Fran, as talented as many believed was 27-46-4. Not a winning QB. So Fran spent 5 years in NY amassing a wonderful 33-36 record there. But then he came back. Different coach different attitude. Better team. Now, his first year back they went 7-7. Missed the playoffs. Then the next 4 years the Vikings went 45-10-1. Went to 3 Super Bowls and lost in the division game. Now, I wonder, had they dumped Fran after that 7-7 year, would they have made it to those 3 Super Bowls?

And BTW, nothing the Vikings have done in the last 45 years comes close to the mistake as hiring Les Steckel as a coach. I lived through that, Cousins is a piece of cake.
Not as bad as Steckle is quite the endorsement.

I have said before that this season coming can still define the Cousins signing. Have given a reasonable expectation for him. Linked to it in this very thread.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

So he was part of the solution. No disclaimers needed. I am soon going to consider you a troll. Constantly looking for negative $hit to annoy everybody.
I’m starting to get the same vibe
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

He was part of the solution when he played bad teams, and part of the problem when he played most good ones. It was very similar to what we had in Case in 2017, and Case wasn't good enough.