Joe Mixon.

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Would you take a flyer on Joe Mixon in the 6th or 7th round?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 14

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joe Mixon.

Post by Raptorman »

He's a first round talent with some baggage. Now, I'm not going to vouch for what he did. There is more to the story than just the video. But do people get a second chance? Remember LaGarette Blount? Everyone thought he was done. So would take a chance on him?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Joe Mixon.

Post by fiestavike »

Raptorman wrote:He's a first round talent with some baggage. Now, I'm not going to vouch for what he did. There is more to the story than just the video. But do people get a second chance? Remember LaGarette Blount? Everyone thought he was done. So would take a chance on him?
I don't know the details of Mixon's case, but I will say that what LaGarette Blount did was 100 percent kosher. You come up and taunt another player, you deserve to get laid out...especially when you just won the game.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

In a heartbeat
True he did something stupid, he was 18, but we can offer a contract with clauses and so forth.
He's a big time talent
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Here's the thing. Some team is going to pick him up. And if he is anywhere near as good as what he was in college he's going to be steal if taken in the later rounds. There will be some heat from some about the video and his actions in 2014. But if he kid is really contrite in his apologies, some team is going to be getting a great talent.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
JDLon
Rookie

Post by JDLon »

I'd be surprised if he even drops as far as the Vikings first pick, let alone the later rounds
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

JDLon wrote:I'd be surprised if he even drops as far as the Vikings first pick, let alone the later rounds
There's so much depth in this RB class that I won't be shocked to see the Vikings have the pick of the litter with their first pick. Top RBs could slide to bottom 2 or early 3 in my opinion. Why spend a 1st on Dalvin Cook when you might get Elijah McGuire in the 5th or 6th?

There will be a run for sure, but I don't think it'll be early, and I suspect the vikings were meeting with Mixon not because they want to target him with the 2nd but because they want to know if he should be red flagged off the board completely or not.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'd draft him in the 3rd. I think he'll be gone but that's where the risk/reward is worth it to me.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote:I'd draft him in the 3rd. I think he'll be gone but that's where the risk/reward is worth it to me.
With so many other options at RB, I'm not sure I'd take him before the 4th, with the other injury/character/competition concern guys.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins