Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Card Rd

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Seahawks @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread - Wild Car

Post by soflavike »

VikingLord wrote: I agree.....Is there any fan out there (for say 3 decades) that thought the vikings would win, even when Walsh was lining up the kick?

Even if he made it, the Seahawks still would have scored in the final 26 seconds.
With no timeouts, and our defense? I don't think so.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Hey how about Kendricks today? He was fantastic.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mosscarter wrote:tsonn we aren't the cowboys and i don't see aikman anywhere. we brought in a great wr on a 11 million dollar a year contract and he caught a grand total of 2 td's all year. i don't believe wallace even had a single 100 yd receiving game. do you honestly blame him? teddy can't take us to where we want to be and the sooner the brass realizes it the better. he is a horrible qb. period.
You're entitled to feel that way but for the remainder of today, please give it a rest. There's an entire offseason in which to discuss the QB position and the rest of the team. Today, people are stinging after a tough loss and they just don't want to hear what you have to say about Bridgewater. Respect that, recognize the hostility being directed your way and move on to something else. As you said in the thread you recently started, you're happy that the entire culture of the team has changed under Zimmer. Focus on that, or some other aspect of the game today, and give the Bridgewater stuff a rest. If you feel it's necessary, you can go back to it another time.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

TSonn wrote:Hey how about Kendricks today? He was fantastic.
He was awesome. The D Line was also awesome. Except for Josh Robinson and Andrew Sendejo, the Secondary was pretty awesome. Wouldn't it be fun to keep this development going and wind up the #1 defense next year?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Mothman wrote: You're entitled to feel that way but for the remainder of today, please give it a rest. There's an entire offseason in which to discuss the QB position and the rest of the team. Today, people are stinging after a tough loss and they just don't want to hear what you have to say about Bridgewater. Respect that, recognize the hostility being directed your way and move on to something else. As you said in the thread you recently started, you're happy that the entire culture of the team has changed under Zimmer. Focus on that, or some other aspect of the game today, and give the Bridgewater stuff a rest. If you feel it's necessary, you can go back to it another time.
:appl: :appl: :appl:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

ok mothman i respect your stance as always i'll give it a rest even though i think i have a legitimate point.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

TSonn wrote:I plan on leading a #StartMcKinnon campaign this offseason. I would love to see what we do if we dedicate our offense to Teddy and McKinnon. At the very least we would be less predictable.
Personally, I believe they would have won this game without Peterson in the lineup. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mosscarter wrote:ok mothman i respect your stance as always i'll give it a rest even though i think i have a legitimate point.
Thank you.
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

I can't believe it.

Great season. Teddy is the future. If we improve our O-Line, the Vikings are a scary team. A lot of people didn't think the Vikings were going to make the playoffs, let alone have this good of a season. We are NFC North champions! Teddy is only in his second year, and Jerrick McKinnon, I think, is ready to be the future RB of the Minnesota Vikings. Need to get a safety along with Harrison Smith, and get a veteran WR to help Diggs and Teddy. This team is going to be even better next season! As a Kansas City Royals fan my entire life, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Skol Vikings, and Im personally cheering for the Panthers so that Jared Allen gets a ring!

Sorry if grammar is pretty off, Im still pretty emotional. :pour:
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Eliot wrote:I can't believe it.

Great season. Teddy is the future. If we improve our O-Line, the Vikings are a scary team. A lot of people didn't think the Vikings were going to make the playoffs, let alone have this good of a season. We are NFC North champions! Teddy is only in his second year, and Jerrick McKinnon, I think, is ready to be the future RB of the Minnesota Vikings. Need to get a safety along with Harrison Smith, and get a veteran WR to help Diggs and Teddy. This team is going to be even better next season! As a Kansas City Royals fan my entire life, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Skol Vikings, and Im personally cheering for the Panthers so that Jared Allen gets a ring!

Sorry if grammar is pretty off, Im still pretty emotional. :pour:
I'd be with you, except I think Josh Norman and Cam Newton are pretty much character equals with Vontaze Defect and Odell Beckham.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mosscarter wrote:arizona would have murdered us anyway what difference does it make? our qb is horrific no matter how you slice it. you can't depend on your field goal kicker the ENTIRE game.
Lol that just shows how clueless you are. We only lost by 3 to them earlier this year and turned the ball over 3 times and were missing 3 defensive studs. But yeah we would've gotten killed :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

Well, after pacing around my house in an angry manor for about half an hour, ive slightly come to peace with what happened.

Locke is terrible. His punts were/are/going to be terrible. I have honestly yet to see a punt im impressed by. Nut up and spot the ball right without gloves for 20 seconds. Should be cut tomorrow.

Walsh still should have made it. He kept them in the game, though. Gotta feel for him.

Id be willing to make a bet they told AP to at least keep the ball in the middle of the field. He is not a very intelligent person. How many times did he try to get cute today and lose large chunks of yards? Nice fumble, too.

Ive convinced myself this team looks and performs better with McKinnon back there. Trade AP. Hes done a massive amount for the franchise but i just dont think he fits in this offense anymore.

The defense one of the tops in the league and on track to become special. Load up on O-line and a big reciever in off-season.

Dang this loss just sucks so hard. I dont want to watch anymore football this season.
porky
Backup

Post by porky »

Good game...we didn't get our arse kicked.

The team did better than I thought they would this year, I hoped they would have a winning record and they did. I didn't expect division or playoffs (although I hoped) but they made it.

Even though seattle won, the vikes lost it more than anything, Walsh sucks in clutch. I didn't even care what happened after this game I just wanted to beat seattle!

Zim is one hellava coach, I love him! Here's to lots of good years to come!

Cheers!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

fiestavike wrote: Personally, I believe they would have won this game without Peterson in the lineup. :confused:
I'm glad this was said.

I love AP. He's given us a ton of thrills over the years. But his presence in the lineup cost us today. It wasn't just the fumble. There's just a predictability about us when he's in there. The feeling is that "the Vikings are Adrian's team," and we seemingly HAVE to play that way. If we give it to him 23 times for 45 yards, like we did today, that hurts us. But if we don't give him his carries, we're criticized for not riding our horse. The only thing that works is when he busts out, which is happening less and less often.

I'd love to think we could split carries more with McKinnon, but it seems AP's ego won't let that happen.

If I had to guess, I'd say next year will be Adrian's last with the Vikings.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
porky
Backup

Post by porky »

I love Peterson too! Hell I'm wearing his jersey.

But he does seem to fumble in big games. Just sayin.