Where my Iowa Hawkeyes brethren?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Where my Iowa Hawkeyes brethren?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

BOOMER SOONER!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'm not too upset. I went into this game expecting a loss. Quite frankly, I expected another 6-7 win season. So to have this...an actual SHOT at the CFB Playoffs? That's nuts. I was most depressed with the defense during the last Michigan State drive. They've come up big on defense and Michigan State hadn't done much to that point so I was thinking they'd be able to force a punt. Allowing a team to go on a 22-play, nine-minute drive including converting two third-downs and a fourth-down was an absolute killer and completely uncharacteristic of this defense this season. To that point they hadn't given up a touchdown all night.

I was also a bit peeved at the pass interference play against Vandeberg on what was essentially Iowa's last drive. The offensive line dominated Michigan State on the play, Vandenberg ran a great route and that was going to be a touchdown until the DB purposefully grabbed his jersey and mugged him, knowing giving up 15 yards in that situation was the better option. I know I'm just complaining because it happened to my team but anytime an announcer says "That was a great penalty" I get a little upset. Obviously I wanted that to be a spot foul like in the NFL, which would've put Iowa in great position. They really needed to come out of that drive with points and they playcalling was aggressive (which I liked) but they just weren't able to convert.

If you would've told me at the beginning of the season Iowa's CONSOLATION prize would be a trip to the Rose Bowl I would've taken that in a heartbeat. My only depression comes from the fact that it might be a looooong time before they're in this position again. But it was an overall excellent season and I couldn't be more proud of them.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Couldn't agree more DP. The Hawkeyes were awesome this year. Still one to go.
When hoping for a 9-3 seasons is surpassed by a 12-0 start, how can we be dissatisfied.
Iowa played a great game. Just got beat by a team that played their best game too.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Desmond King - DB - Hawkeyes

Iowa junior CB Desmond King won the Jim Thorpe Award (top defensive back).

King was the first ever Hawkeye to win the honor. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound junior led the Big Ten and all Power-5 players with eight interceptions this season, finishing second in the nation. He added 67 tackles, one TFL and 12 pass breakups. King also was strong on kickoff returns (25.6) and punt returns (12.7). He beat out Duke S Jeremy Cash and Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves III for the hardware. If King declares for the draft, he isn't getting out of Round 2 and may even crash the first-round party
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Beo
Backup

Post by Beo »

Another Vikings/Hawkeyes fan here! Dad is from Minnesota and mom is from Iowa and I was born in Des Moines.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Beo wrote:Another Vikings/Hawkeyes fan here! Dad is from Minnesota and mom is from Iowa and I was born in Des Moines.
Thank God. I was feeling greatly outnumbered. Welcome! I have to say I'm as shocked about our basketball team as I was about our football team.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Heck no... Cedar Falls/Waterloo boy here.
Iowa sports this school year has been the best that I can ever remember.
Beo
Backup

Post by Beo »

Great time to be an Iowa fan! Haven't felt this good about the hoops team since BJ, Marble, and Ed Horton in the late 80's.
Beo
Backup

Post by Beo »

Hoops team looks horrible lately! I don't know what happened but Uthoff, Clemmons, and Uhl have been horrible for the last 5 or so games. If it wasn't for Jok and Woodbury we would have lost to Illinois and Minnesota also. They went from a possible #1 seed to a steaming pile quick!