Divisional Round Playoff Discussion

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Purpnation
Franchise Player

Re: Divisional Round Playoff Discussion

Post by Purpnation »

Idk why people are so tripped out by the call on that Dez catch, the ball popped loose, he didn't have possession of the catch , that isn't a controversy, that is just the fact of the matter. I think everybody wants to create controversy where there is none to be had.

Anyways, game is a wash to me, Green Bay, Dallas, Seattle, #### em.
jeg067
Starter

Post by jeg067 »

The only good ruling on a situation like that would be to disqualify both teams. :mrgreen:

via Tapatalk
The natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment. - N.H.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purpnation wrote:Idk why people are so tripped out by the call on that Dez catch, the ball popped loose, he didn't have possession of the catch , that isn't a controversy, that is just the fact of the matter. I think everybody wants to create controversy where there is none to be had.

Well, every Fox analyst in the studio except for Mike Periera disagrees with you.

It was a s#%t call. There. I can be matter-of-fact about it, too.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Purpnation wrote:Idk why people are so tripped out by the call on that Dez catch, the ball popped loose, he didn't have possession of the catch , that isn't a controversy, that is just the fact of the matter. I think everybody wants to create controversy where there is none to be had.

I disagree. I think it was a catch and I don't even think it's close. Heck of a grab by Dez. He has a right to be completely frustrated.

I hate that so many of these games are coming down to a referee's call. I hate Dallas, too, but I hate to see a great play get discarded like that, especially when it literally made the difference in the game.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:I hate that so many of these games are coming down to a referee's call. I hate Dallas, too, but I hate to see a great play get discarded like that, especially when it literally made the difference in the game.
That's the bottom line for me. One of the main reasons to watch professional sports is to see amazing feats of athleticism and exactly the kind of spectacular playmaking ability Bryant demonstrated on that play. It spoils the fun in a BIG way when a ridiculously detailed rule turns a great catch into an incompletion.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

In my book it was a catch, but the refs got to call correct. It's a crap rule and it's the same crap rule and call that burned Calvin Johnson against the Bears. They just keep changing the rules. But then I'm one of those old school guys that still thinks anytime the ball comes out no matter what caused it it's a fumble. :D
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: That's the bottom line for me. One of the main reasons to watch professional sports is to see amazing feats of athleticism and exactly the kind of spectacular playmaking ability Bryant demonstrated on that play. It spoils the fun in a BIG way when a ridiculously detailed rule turns a great catch into an incompletion.

I agree, and that's another reason I hate the rule that a QB can be out of the pocket and throw it into the stands to avoid being sacked. You have a dDefensive Lineman bearing down on him and the QB gets to #### out of the play if he wants to.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kansas Viking wrote:In my book it was a catch, but the refs got to call correct. It's a crap rule and it's the same crap rule and call that burned Calvin Johnson against the Bears. They just keep changing the rules. But then I'm one of those old school guys that still thinks anytime the ball comes out no matter what caused it it's a fumble. :D

That's my point... the CALL was correct, but the RULE is bad.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Texas Vike wrote:
I disagree. I think it was a catch and I don't even think it's close. Heck of a grab by Dez. He has a right to be completely frustrated.

I hate that so many of these games are coming down to a referee's call. I hate Dallas, too, but I hate to see a great play get discarded like that, especially when it literally made the difference in the game.

It doesn't matter if you thought it was a catch, it wasn't. If you dont like the rule, then so be it, but the fact is he didn't complete the process of the catch, that is the cold hard fact of the matter.

Much of the problem lies from people not liking the rule, not that I understand, as the ball hitting the ground and the squirting out certainly sounds like an incomplete to me.
Last edited by Purpnation on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Besides, 40 years ago this year "Pearson Pushed Off." So that call today kind of soothes an old wound. :rofl:
Mike

Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Kansas Viking wrote:Besides, 40 years ago this year "Pearson Pushed Off." So that call today kind of soothes an old wound. :rofl:
Except that was a terrible, awful abomination of a no call, Bryants incomplete catch was a great call, and the only acceptable one. He did not complete the process of the catch, that is a fact.
Last edited by Purpnation on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Well, every Fox analyst in the studio except for Mike Periera disagrees with you.

It was a s#%t call. There. I can be matter-of-fact about it, too.
The rulebook disagrees with you, btw, what are you talking about? Most analysts took the stance that the call was correct while the rule was crap.

I implore you to back up your stance with facts, Dez Bryant did not complete the process of the catch, that is a FACT regardless of how much you dont like it.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Purpnation wrote: Except that was a terrible, awful abomination of a no call, Bryants incomplete catch was a great call, and the only acceptable one. He did not complete the process of the catch, that is a fact.
True on all points. But Dallas goes home, just like we did. :)
Mike

Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Kansas Viking wrote: True on all points. But Dallas goes home, just like we did. :)
Yea, good to. #### em. I don't like the Packers one bit, but I am sickened by how many fans are defending the Bryant no catch simply because they don't understand the rule. The Hail Mary was a disgusting, heart wrenching abomination, the Bryant drop is a simply glance at the rulebook.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Purpnation wrote:
It doesn't matter if you thought it was a catch, it wasn't. If you dont like the rule, then so be it, but the fact is he didn't complete the process of the catch, that is the cold hard fact of the matter.

Much of the problem lies from people not liking the rule, not that I understand, as the ball hitting the ground and the squirting out certainly sounds like an incomplete to me.
No cold hard facts here. My interpretation of the rule and that play was that it was a catch. You are free to interpret it differently, but check your attitude.