King of Cassel

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: King of Cassel

Post by Purple bruise »

Reignman wrote:Trent Dilfer knew it as did quite a few scouting reports. We all should have known Ponder was going to be a bust coming out of the draft. Manziel is blowing Ponder out of the water when it comes to college stats and he's going to be a future NFL bust too.
Yeah they'd probably laugh at what us yutz's post on a fan message board and they might even laugh at a petition, but I'll bet they don't laugh when they hear 65k booing fans at the dome on game day. Ponder and co were constantly boo'd before half in the home opener already. Childress was boo'd at every home game in 2010, and we heard countless fire Childress chants before he finally got the ax. Fans have a lot more influence than you think.
Again, did purple koolaid even ever watch one FSU game? I doubt it but since the all knowing Trent Dilfer allegedly knew Ponder was a bust (and I won't take your word for that until you show me a link) so what? A lot of experts are wrong all of the time. It goes both ways.
If you make negative comments and predictions about everything Viking related then you will be right more times than wrong. It is a free message board but it does get quite old. I have read hundreds of post about Fire Frazier, fire Spielman, Ponder sucks and I understand that. What I do not get is why the same posters feel a need to post the same thing several times a day. :wallbang:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Just Me wrote:
IDK - I gotta think that 3-7 record combined with cutting a star receiver (without the owner's knowledge of the high profile move) had more to do with it that the chants of the fans. But that's "Just Me". :wink:
Yeah. I think, oftentimes, when we hear "fire chants" and boos, the reasons for firing or at least considering it are already in place. Not sure how much of a difference it makes. After all, during SNF against the Pack, Wilf was booed. I think it was mostly Packers fans, but who knows? Let's see if Wilf sells the team because of it. :) Darn those booing fans! So influential!

Fans DO have more of a voice when it comes to attending games. However, the biggest way to "demand and expect more" if things are ugly is to simply not show up. How many are going to do that? Some, but not a lot. People love the experience, and go regardless. And, heck, over my many years of being on message boards and attending games--it's two different crowds. From my experience, many of the most critical of the team sit on their computers, and the more "complacent" ones like myself, we go to as many games as possible. :D Not much luck there either, folks.

I can't even tell you how many times I've been told stuff like "...it's complacent fans like you..." and "fans like you are the reason the Vikings haven't won a Super Bowl...and never will" LOL. WHAT??!? Yeah. That's probably why I got irritated with the "expect and demand more" comment to begin with. Brought back stupid memories. lol. Don't blame ME for this! :D
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

yezzir wrote:"Face it"? So defeatist. I'm talking to us fans in general, not just registered members here. Would you call the hundreds of fans who showed up at the Capitol to lobby for a new stadium, "chumps"? Because I can promise you, some of them visit this board.
You're calling ME defeatist? I've been a fan of this team since the 60s.

We all need to face facts. You and I have NO PULL. None. Do you honestly think that just because you and a few other people showed up at the capitol, THAT'S why they decided to spend a billion dollars? First rule of politics: Politicians never do ANYTHING that doesn't benefit themselves. Your desires mean nothing to them. Good god, do you honestly believe those legislators looked out the window, saw 50 people with homemade signs, and said, "Crap! We've got to pass this bill!"?

Protest all you want. That's your constitutional right, and I respect you for doing it. March on the capitol. But just because you protested and eventually the legislature voted your way, don't delude yourself into believing that your protest caused them to vote the way they did.

And by the way, I count myself among those "chumps" I mentioned. It's a figure of speech. It's an admission that the stuff we say here has absolutely no bearing on anything. We talk here because it's fun to talk and argue. Call me a defeatist if you want, but life is about reality. And the reality is that you and I have no influence. Not by ourselves, and not even a few hundred people showing up at the capitol. The Vikings fanbase is likely between 5 million and 10 million. The Vikings know the vast majority of those fans are going to continue coming to games, continue purchasing purple shirts, and continue hoping that THIS YEAR will be the year. The money will continue to flow, and that's all that matters.

That's not defeatist. If anything, Vikings fans -- including myself -- are among the most optimistic on the planet. We keep coming back, spending our money, going to games, even though we know the odds of winning a Super Bowl, historically, are pretty slim.

Time to get real, Vikings fans. This is fun, and even a bit addictive. But our comments here don't influence much.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Fan_in_Kettering
Practice Squad

Post by Fan_in_Kettering »

There is nothing on here I've seen about Matt Cassel which hasn't been said about Andy Dalton. Get Matt a good offensive line and he'll take you places!
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Everyone has bad days...Cassel is still a very good quarterback!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Yeah. I think, oftentimes, when we hear "fire chants" and boos, the reasons for firing or at least considering it are already in place. Not sure how much of a difference it makes. After all, during SNF against the Pack, Wilf was booed. I think it was mostly Packers fans, but who knows? Let's see if Wilf sells the team because of it. :) Darn those booing fans! So influential!

Fans DO have more of a voice when it comes to attending games. However, the biggest way to "demand and expect more" if things are ugly is to simply not show up. How many are going to do that? Some, but not a lot. People love the experience, and go regardless. And, heck, over my many years of being on message boards and attending games--it's two different crowds. From my experience, many of the most critical of the team sit on their computers, and the more "complacent" ones like myself, we go to as many games as possible. :D Not much luck there either, folks.

I can't even tell you how many times I've been told stuff like "...it's complacent fans like you..." and "fans like you are the reason the Vikings haven't won a Super Bowl...and never will" LOL. WHAT??!? Yeah. That's probably why I got irritated with the "expect and demand more" comment to begin with. Brought back stupid memories. lol. Don't blame ME for this! :D
Then it's settled, Mel. You and I aren't going to take it anymore! Next year - Super Bowl, here we come!

Fan's refusing to accept Viking Mediocrity
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Just Me wrote: Then it's settled, Mel. You and I aren't going to take it anymore! Next year-Super Bowl, here we come!
Us:

Last edited by Funkytown on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CalVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CalVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Time to get real, Vikings fans. This is fun, and even a bit addictive. But our comments here don't influence much.
Totally agree. Very few fans post on message boards, even among those who care tremendously. It's a fun outlet for a select few. The influence is very limited. The Vikings got the new stadium because Goodell threatened the legislature the NFL would move to LA and the movers and shakers in Minneapolis caved and got the deal done. Pure politics, no influence from fans whatsoever big picture though it made good copy on the 10 o'clock news to see the fanatics in their Vikings gear.