A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: 32.6

Post by mondry »

S197 wrote:
Thought I read a tweet early on about it being windy but it didn't seem to impact Dalton much so no real excuse.
Yep, 25+ mph winds is what I heard. I think the difference is Cassel was constantly under pressure and not getting to step into his throws while Dalton had all day and could really put some oomph into them.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mondry wrote: Yep, 25+ mph winds is what I heard. I think the difference is Cassel was constantly under pressure and not getting to step into his throws while Dalton had all day and could really put some oomph into them.
The O-line was horrible for the Vikings today. Really bad.

To be fair, though, I was hard on Ponder when the line was bad. Cassel gets no pass from me. It was just ugly today, all around.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We now know why Cassel was brought in as a backup (Spielman should have had a better backup in mind maybe, other teams do it). We cant even get 1 viable QB out of 3. Disgusting. And we need a guard and someone to help Kalil, man that guy has slipped.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I really didn't know a QB rating could get that low. Even Freeman had 45 or, even in TB.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I really didn't know a QB rating could get that low. Even Freeman had 45 or, even in TB.
Yeah, Freeman's qb rating for his only game was 40.6
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I really didn't know a QB rating could get that low. Even Freeman had 45 or, even in TB.
It's the lowest rating of the season for a Vikings QB. :(
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Purple Reign wrote: Yeah, Freeman's qb rating for his only game was 40.6
The difference is Cassel had 3 picks whereas Freeman only had 1. Just Me put it best, Cassel's performance was Ponder-esque, very Ponder-esque. In fact he didn't even crack 100 yards until his 2nd to last completion of the game.

But perhaps it was a good thing he stunk up the joint. They probably would've anointed Cassel the starter going into next season and probably wouldn't have done much in the way of going after a viable backup plan, but now they should know that's not a very good plan. I mean we're in the current mess because we made that exact same mistake last year going into this year with Ponder as the anointed starter because everyone thought he played so great at the end of the year.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Mothman wrote: It's the lowest rating of the season for a Vikings QB. :(
What was the rating of the game plan and half time adjustments?
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mothman wrote: It's the lowest rating of the season for a Vikings QB. :(
So he has the lowest, and highest, QB rating of a Vikes QB this year? :lol:

At least it was decided he had the job next year before this game...right?
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

You know you've had a bad day as a quarterback when Christian Ponder facepalms...

I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

You know you've had a bad day as a quarterback when Christian Ponder facepalms...
That should be the end result of his throwing motion by now...straight into a "what the hell kind of pass was that" face palm...
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Demi wrote: That should be the end result of his throwing motion by now...straight into a "what the hell kind of pass was that" face palm...
:point: That's good too. :rofl:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Again, no matter how bad some of us think Fraizer and his staff are, and they should all be fired imho, Spielman has graded an F with QBs. I think the front 4 have just given up. But consistent TERRIBLE QB play is on Spielman.