Last 7 games

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Last 7 games

Post by Funkytown »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Oh, people will remember it...and likely laugh at it. lol.
...yeeeeaaaah. Still love ya, though. ;)
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

CalVike wrote:I think Frazier still thinks Ponder is truly making good progress and will stay starting QB as long as Frazier is head coach.
I really can't see how that's possible after his display against Seattle.

Will it be Freeman or Cassel to start against the Packers? Flip a coin?
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote: I really can't see how that's possible after his display against Seattle.

Will it be Freeman or Cassel to start against the Packers? Flip a coin?
If it isn't Freeman, then this team really is as stupid as everyone has been suggesting. Ponder had his moment. Now it's Freeman's turn. QB eval time. We aren't paying Freeman to watch the games, are we? Freeman can't be that much worse, but I'm hoping he's a heck of a lot better. I want to see SOMETHING positive out of this QB mess. Something. Anything.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

By the time we play the Packers Freeman will have been here 6 weeks. You can't tell me he doesn't know the offense by now, or at least well enough. He said it was similar to the Bucs offense just different terminology. As far as the high passes go, just tell him to aim for the feet. I know, I should be coaching this team.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Delaqure
Franchise Player

Post by Delaqure »

MelanieMFunk wrote:
If it isn't Freeman, then this team really is as stupid as everyone has been suggesting. Ponder had his moment. Now it's Freeman's turn. QB eval time. We aren't paying Freeman to watch the games, are we? Freeman can't be that much worse
Oh yes he can! I won't guarantee he won't be worse, but he certainly won't be any better, and I think there is a better than even chance that he will be worse. Freeman hasn't "proven" anything IMO. His stats have been remarkably similar to Cassel and Ponder. I don't get why people slam Cassel so hard, when he had just as many good years as a starter as Freeman has. I am not saying Cassel is our savior, but I think he is as good as Freeman is, maybe a tad bit better.

I do understand the desire to test out Freeman, but I think it is curiosity more than a real chance that he can be our franchise QB of the future. That QB is in college somewhere. I sure hope we find him and soon!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Delaqure wrote: Oh yes he can! I won't guarantee he won't be worse, but he certainly won't be any better, and I think there is a better than even chance that he will be worse.
And what if he is worse? Isn't it better to at least know? As we all know, practice and games are very different. Just ask Ponder. If he is horrible, he is horrible. What's the difference? Losing is losing--and that is likely what we're going to do regardless of who we start. The schedule is tough--and against many teams fighting for the playoffs. I'd much rather just see what the guy can do or can't do, just so I can convince myself it wasn't a total waste. We already have our answers on Ponder and Cassel, and I'm not convinced we're trying too terribly hard to win, so why not start Freeman? What's the worse that can happen? Oh, what's that? We'll lose, look terrible, and embarrass ourselves? That's already my reality over here on this end. Start the man, the Free-man.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

MelanieMFunk wrote: And what if he is worse? Isn't it better to at least know? As we all know, practice and games are very different. Just ask Ponder. If he is horrible, he is horrible. What's the difference? Losing is losing--and that is likely what we're going to do regardless of who we start. The schedule is tough--and against many teams fighting for the playoffs. I'd much rather just see what the guy can do or can't do, just so I can convince myself it wasn't a total waste. We already have our answers on Ponder and Cassel, and I'm not convinced we're trying too terribly hard to win, so why not start Freeman? What's the worse that can happen? Oh, what's that? We'll lose, look terrible, and embarrass ourselves? That's already my reality over here on this end. Start the man, the Free-man.
No! There's 6 games to go. Still plenty of time for Ponder to get it turned around. Odds are he will be average at least 1 more time :rofl: . Maybe you mere mortals need to see Freeman play more, but not Ricky boy, aka "the worlds smartest man", he can evaluate Freeman without seeing him play, so we need not worry our pretty little heads. Now if only he could evaluate Ponder without having to see him play more. :wallbang:
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh