Narrowing down what changes need to come

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What would you change about the Vikes?

A quality QB is all that's truly needed
10%
Replace Rick Spielman, Leslie Frazier, and all other coaches
35%
Replace Leslie Frazier, and entire coaching staff
35%
Replace Frazier but keep coordinator(s)
No votes
Keep Frazier but replace Musgrave & Williams
13%
Replace Bill Musgrave only
No votes
Replace Alan Williams only
No votes
Keep Frazier, Musgrave, & Williams, but change their assistants
No votes
Trade AP, fire everybody, and start over completely
8%

Total votes: 40

mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Narrowing down what changes need to come

Post by mondry »

Demi wrote: :flamed:

Have you been watching these games? The coaches have these scrubs in position and they lack the ability to even make the plays! You could have the best coaches at every position and they couldn't coach up these scrubs Spielman has assembled!
I know you can't stand this big 10 power running game offense or the bend and break defense! I get that your focus is on spielman now though. :P
VikingLord wrote:
I will give you this point, but only because the friggin' Wilfs did not turn the reigns fully over to Spielman when they made him GM. By doing that they effectively left the door open to exactly what you are saying, and while I believe Spielman is as much, if not more, of a problem than Fraizer and his staff, Spielman will likely survive the coming purge as he claims if he could only have hired his own coach this wouldn't have happened.

The most likely outcome of this season will be that Frazier and his staff are fired, the reigns turned completely over to Spielman, and then we enter Millen Land for the next 3 years. How much fun is that going to be? Just as the Vikings open their new stadium they will easily be the worst team in the NFL.
For sure, I think it was after week 4 I made a thread called "I'm taking a shot at spielman" and it didn't get much support cause it was clearly just ponder and frazier bringing us down! I would say there is good chance he's a part of the problem at minimum.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Mothman wrote:I chose "Replace Rick Spielman, Leslie Frazier, and all other coaches" but it wouldn't stop there. Quite a few players would be getting pink slips too.
That's my attitude -- and was my vote -- as well. But I would certainly keep Spielman before I'd keep Frazier, if I may state the obvious.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

DanAS wrote: That's my attitude -- and was my vote -- as well. But I would certainly keep Spielman before I'd keep Frazier, if I may state the obvious.
I also agree. I still hink the Vikings have tons of talent, way too much to be where they are at.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I also agree. I still hink the Vikings have tons of talent, way too much to be where they are at.
Tons of talent? They have ZERO talent at QB, which is going to make the job harder on the offensive line, tight ends, receivers.

On defense they have Harrison Smith. Everson Griffen. And not much else. They have a handful of old washed up lost a step guys. And a bunch of young, terrible players.

They have talent on offense. None of it matters with the QBs Spielman has put in place. And the defense is in shambles because the clown prince of GMs decided to try and surround his idiot pick at QB with talent.

:wallbang:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Jeffbleedspurple wrote:Boy people sure are quick to put Sheriff Floyd and Zavier Rhodes on the no talent list, my goodness! Their rookies for crying out loud and rookies with limited playing time.
They've looked great huh! I hear their names every drive. Pro bowl votes left and right.

They might end up being hall of famers, they might end up walking in free agency. We don't know. And so far Rhodes and been beaten like a rented mule, and Floyd has flashed some promise but is hardly consistent.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

As someone said earlier (somewhere), I think it's unfair to judge our rookies with this coaching staff. It truly is.

Heck, most of our players are underachieving. I know they aren't all worthless.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I am souring on Spielman, but the real problem is the coaching staff. Everyone outside of Mike Prefier (haha cannot spell his name right) should be canned.

There is really no point of firing anyone at this point in time. May as well just let them play the season out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zygi wipe a clean slate on this franchise at season's end - and that includes Spielman.

My biggest fear is that we will screw up our coaching search again. Maybe Zygi has learned a thing or two after hiring two bum #### coaches however. Hopefully, Zygi goes in the direction of a coach with track record (ala Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Brain Billick, etc) this time around.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

I went with QB. I don't think it's all that's wrong, but the team would probably be 4-3 now with any of the great QB's. The Giants were doing all they could to give us that game.
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

Orion wrote:we need a QUARTERBACK. I guarantee you even with this coaching staff if we had a Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees we're a playoff team.
I really couldn't decide so I went with fire the whole coaching staff along with Spielmann

As for the Q/B.....While I understand your position IMO, there is no way P. Manning, A. Rodgers and D. Brees would compensate enough to hide our pathetic defense from giving up 30 a game. Besides the fact that none of them would remain upright more than a couple games due to the equally pathetic O line they would have to protect them. Ponder is at best an NFL back up, but his mobility is the only reason he is still standing.

P. Manning probably means we go from a 3-13 team to 6-10........but a playoff team.........with all the other issues we have, not in a million years.

Just my Opinion