Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 8

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purpletinted66
Starter

Re: Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 8

Post by purpletinted66 »

Demi wrote: Only thing to hope for is the best draft pick possible. Knocking off playoff contenders does absolutely nothing for our team going forward...
i know it's a conundrum between players and coaches, which to be honest, all the window dressing, veiling and unveiling between legitimate and illegitimate makes one think on where to split the cloth and go for a new cover, and where to remain faithful, but not to give your strength to money grubbers, fatted calves, et cetera et cetera. Anytime I ever played football the plays were instructed the huddle, however old-fashioned, could be part of improving, perhaps with better player to player communication.

But i disagree that going for higher draft picks is a good cause: besides taking thought for tomorrow, it denies that there is much to compete and exercise for by going out on the best possible note as to make an accurate assessment in the offseason.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

808vikingsfan wrote: that bad huh? At least your still in one piece. I had visions of objects being thrown.
It was that bad. Did anyone else go to the game?

If you thought the play was bad, the crowd may have been worse. Way too many Packers fans. And because it was a Sunday night game, so many people had been drinking all day and they were just stupid and rude. I had plenty of them around me. It was bad. If sucking doesn't hurt badly enough, then you have drunk, obnoxious Packers fans of all people, in your face about it. I know a lot of people left because of the Vikings, but I bet just as many left because of the fans, too--or an ugly combo of both.

Surprisingly, there wasn't much booing during the game. I was shocked. I guess that was due to there being so many Packers fans (I mean, why would they boo?) and because Vikings fans lowered their expectations by a lot. Aside from the Patterson touchdown, the Vikings fans weren't really into it. I sat next to Vikings fans who didn't show much emotion at all either way. This season is numbing!

I hate the Packers and their fans a lot more than I did, say...Sunday afternoon. They are obnoxious. And since the Vikings fans didn't do much booing, I'm going to blame this next part on the Packers fans. But at halftime, we inducted Joey Browner into the ring of honor. When they introduced Wilf and he first started talking...you couldn't even hear him because of all of the boos. I mean, what the frick? There is a time and place, and that was just plain rude. I felt really bad for Wilf and Browner. I couldn't hear a lot of what Browner was saying either. The Packers fans ruined that moment. But as I said in another thread, maybe that will open Wilf's eyes and push him to make a lot of changes! He couldn't have been happy with how it all went down.

I heard enough "GO PACK GO!!! GO PACK GO!!! GO PACK GO!!! to last me 10 lifetimes. I hate those pr!cks! And to top it ALL off, there were a bunch of Packers fans grouped up standing on stuff outside...and as Vikings fans came out of the stadium...they were STILL taunting us with the GO PACK GO and whatever the heck else they were saying. Talk about obnoxious. And people wonder why people get in fights at sporting events? I don't! Football emotions and alcohol don't mix. :twisted:

F the Packers and their idiotic fans!

:govikes: :govikes: :govikes: :govikes: :govikes:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Hate to have to be the one to tell ya, but hate the greedy MN fans for selling them the tickets at double price more. I sure do.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Hate to have to be the one to tell ya, but hate the greedy MN fans for selling them the tickets at double price more. I sure do.
Me too, but still...

Those same greedy fans sell their tickets to me, too. That's life. In their defense, they don't always know who is getting their tickets. 8) I'm not sure it would have made a difference to them, though. Money talks. ;)
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

MelanieMFunk wrote: Me too, but still...

Those same greedy fans sell their tickets to me, too. That's life. In their defense, they don't always know who is getting their tickets. 8) I'm not sure it would have made a difference to them, though. Money talks. ;)
Yes it does. But they are Packer fans for crying out loud :steamed: