Disturbing stat

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purpnation
Franchise Player

Disturbing stat

Post by Purpnation »

Aaron Rodgers has a 116.4 career passer rating in the regular season against the Vikings (good for number 1 in NFL history vs a single opponent), and has connected on 232 of 328 (70.7 percent) for 2,840 yards and 24 TDs with only 4 INTS.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Re: Disturbing stat

Post by Purpnation »

GBFavreFan wrote: I don't know what the emoticon for jerk-off motion is. Who cares, the Vikings have many more issues with our offense to rectify and address than to worry about that self-entitled jerk. And with our defensive issues and injuries, any good QB is going to be a threat, but no more one than another.
:roll: Oh really? So because our defense is atrocious that means that all QBs who they go against are equal? LOL not how it works my man, Aaron Rodgers is one of the best in the game and I assure you, he is the biggest threat we have faced all season at QB.

Also, I dislike any Packer QB as much as the next guy, but calling him self entitled, while your avatar is FAVRE???? COMON' MAN!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Purpnation wrote: :roll: Oh really? So because our defense is atrocious that means that all QBs who they go against are equal? LOL not how it works my man, Aaron Rodgers is one of the best in the game and I assure you, he is the biggest threat we have faced all season at QB.

Also, I dislike any Packer QB as much as the next guy, but calling him self entitled, while your avatar is FAVRE???? COMON' MAN!

I wouldn't really call Favre self entitled. Stupid sometimes yes. Waffle-y yes. But haven't ever gotten self entitled from him.

To go to your original point. Who does care? Its pretty much been a forgone conclusion that the Packers (Aaron Rodgers) was going to hang a crap ton on us. But if he scores only 21 or 51 its not going to mean crap. Our team still has gaping holes that need to be filled. The reverse is true, even if Rodgers throw 1 TD and 2 Int I don't think anyone is going to say "Okay, Vikings are good"

Obviously no one like to lose to their hated rival, but in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter what happens on Sunday because the Vikings have massive and systemic problems
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

[/quote]

I wouldn't really call Favre self entitled. Stupid sometimes yes. Waffle-y yes. But haven't ever gotten self entitled from him.

To go to your original point. Who does care? Its pretty much been a forgone conclusion that the Packers (Aaron Rodgers) was going to hang a crap ton on us. But if he scores only 21 or 51 its not going to mean crap. Our team still has gaping holes that need to be filled. The reverse is true, even if Rodgers throw 1 TD and 2 Int I don't think anyone is going to say "Okay, Vikings are good"

Obviously no one like to lose to their hated rival, but in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter what happens on Sunday because the Vikings have massive and systemic problems[/quote]

I do think Favre is rather self entitled, although, I suppose I had the luxury of being in Wisconsin during his and the Packers nasty divorce, but what people fail to realize is that when Favre initially attempted to come back and play for the Packers, Ted Thompson was all for it, only to have Favre change his mind, so then he could later attempt to come back AGAIN, Thompson actually accepted once again, on the condition that Favre competed with Rodgers for the starting job..... but I digress, we all know how this story ends unfortuantly.

And, honestly? I disagree about this not mattering, this is our hated rival coming to the Metrodome for the last time ever, do you really want to see a loss? I doubt we win, but it would at least be a good way to end the series at the dome.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

I agree I would love to see a win. But I guess my feeling is, it wont right the ship. It wont fix the problems with Ponder, Cassel, Freeman, Blocking, Passing, Our Secondary, Or Dline. All it will do is make us feel good for a little while. Again I would love it. But lets be honest. Right now a win on Sunday would put that game into the Upset of the year/decade conversation. I just don't feel like worrying about it. I would be far more interested in the steps that are taken to fix the personnel and front office issues right now.
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Purpnation wrote:Aaron Rodgers has a 116.4 career passer rating in the regular season against the Vikings (good for number 1 in NFL history vs a single opponent), and has connected on 232 of 328 (70.7 percent) for 2,840 yards and 24 TDs with only 4 INTS.
That's not much different from his career passer rating to be honest. He's just a really good player, and it doesn't surprise me that he's played well typically against one of the weaker secondaries in the NFL, which we have been not only this year but over the years.

Aaron Rodgers really only struggled against us in 2009 when Favre beat him decisively twice. We rattled him with our pass rush and we were always in control of the game that year. It's about offense too, Rodgers tends to struggle a little bit more when he's playing behind, because he almost always plays ahead. If the Vikings can get a 10 point lead early and get some pass rush on defense, he'll throw an interception or two and we'll win. If the Pack gets that 10-0 lead and we go three-and-out, he's going to pick our defense apart with long, surgical drives.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

The only chance the Vikings have to beat the Packers will be turnovers and big special teams plays. The offense can't sustain drives, and the defense can't get off the field, so they'll need a ton of luck to even be in this game. This could very easily turn into a 70-0 college-style blowout. And on national TV to boot...
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Conventional wisdom says we get crushed. But GB does not come into this game with all hands on deck and all it might take for a competitive game is an injury to a key GB starter. Lord knows plenty of other teams have lost starters this year as the IR list is now over 200 players I believe.

Who knows. I do know I'll watch and root, same as always.
majorm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by majorm »

Much as it hurts to say this, It really DOESN'T matter what Rodgers does this weekend. 200 yards or 600 yards. It's going to be another ugly loss. Just one of 10 more we'll have this season.

I will be shocked if he throws for less than 350 and 4.
Webbfann
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Webbfann »

Our only chance to win is a cheap shot to the ribs. But the Packers are smart enough to know better than that. They know
Ponder staying healthy is their best chance to win. They were fooled once, but won't be fooled again.