Ebracing the ..........

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Ebracing the ..........

Post by Raptorman »

As I can see by the many threads on how bad the Vikings are, it seems to me that Vikings fans are starting to "Embrace the suck". For many of you, you have never been down this road before. But before you go jumping off of bridges or switching teams, you have to remember that this happens. Teams go up and down in cycles. Right now is a down cycle for the Vikings. Kind of like the down cycle for the Packers during the 70's. Only not as bad. The good news, it will eventually change. Since 1970, if I remember corrcect, the Vikings have only been on the bottom of the division 2 times. Not bad. It's not fun, but the thing is, the next year it gets better. The Vikings are not Detroit. They will not stay on the bottom. So have some faith, and although I know it's hard..............

Embrace the suck.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Ebracing the ..........

Post by dead_poet »

Raptorman wrote:As I can see by the many threads on how bad the Vikings are, it seems to me that Vikings fans are starting to "Embrace the suck". For many of you, you have never been down this road before. But before you go jumping off of bridges or switching teams, you have to remember that this happens. Teams go up and down in cycles. Right now is a down cycle for the Vikings. Kind of like the down cycle for the Packers during the 70's. Only not as bad. The good news, it will eventually change. Since 1970, if I remember corrcect, the Vikings have only been on the bottom of the division 2 times. Not bad. It's not fun, but the thing is, the next year it gets better. The Vikings are not Detroit. They will not stay on the bottom. So have some faith, and although I know it's hard..............

Embrace the suck.
Pardon me if I look at you the same way my wife looks at me when I utter those same words to her.

But I know what you mean. It'll get better. Because it really can't get much worse.
Last edited by dead_poet on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Raptorman wrote:It's not fun, but the thing is, the next year it gets better.
Theoretically.

Minnesota may not be Detroit, but there have been many, many teams in the history of the NFL that have gone multiple years finishing below .500. This front office just seems to be a little too content with sucking. That's one of the biggest problems.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Raptorman wrote:As I can see by the many threads on how bad the Vikings are, it seems to me that Vikings fans are starting to "Embrace the suck". For many of you, you have never been down this road before. But before you go jumping off of bridges or switching teams, you have to remember that this happens. Teams go up and down in cycles. Right now is a down cycle for the Vikings. Kind of like the down cycle for the Packers during the 70's. Only not as bad. The good news, it will eventually change. Since 1970, if I remember corrcect, the Vikings have only been on the bottom of the division 2 times. Not bad. It's not fun, but the thing is, the next year it gets better. The Vikings are not Detroit. They will not stay on the bottom. So have some faith, and although I know it's hard..............

Embrace the suck.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, sir. Too often do people forget that sports work in cycles of ups and downs. No reason to not be intrigued by what the future holds for this team.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides