Josh Robinson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Josh Robinson

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: Who cares? He asked for a plausible reason for Robinson's performance other than coaching so I gave him one.
Yeah, Jim, but the position change comes from the coaches. I wasn't a fan of the move when it happened, and haye it even more now. I sont know why our coaches keep moving players around. How many times has Henderson switched? It seems like he plays a different LB position every season.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote:I'm asking what has made him "worse" this year than last. Position switch? Got it. Certainly could account for some of his struggles. Being targeted more?
Sorry, I wasn't clear. As you guessed, you misinterpreted me but that's my fault for tossing off the comment quickly without explanation. Being targeted more hasn't made him worse. It has just emphasized the problems with his game.

I'm not convinced his performance has regressed so much as shortcomings in his game have been exposed but either way, the net result the same.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Yeah, Jim, but the position change comes from the coaches. I wasn't a fan of the move when it happened, and haye it even more now. I sont know why our coaches keep moving players around. How many times has Henderson switched? It seems like he plays a different LB position every season.
They moved him into the slot because they didn't have anyone to play the slot and they thought he could learn to do it.

I think Henderson has switched once, from WLB to MLB.