CHOPPING BLOCK: Will somebody get fired for this game?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

King James
All Pro Elite Player

Re: CHOPPING BLOCK: Will somebody get fired for this game?

Post by King James »

We need to get Bill Cowher out of retirement. I don't care how much money he would cost us. He is worth it!
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

justinkendle wrote:
Houston Cheered when shaub got hurt, i hope the Vikings will never be that classless no matter what the situation is

I saw that, he was 16 from 21 with just under 200 yards. Wow it must be nice to have that luxury.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

S197 wrote:
Chris Petersen is a guy that's always intrigued me. You have guys like Saban that are successful in college and big flops in the pros but I think it's because he coaches in the SEC where they get a wealth of talent every single year. Once a guy like this gets to the NFL, where talent is much more equal, he's in over his head. Petersen has put together some amazing squads out in nowhere Idaho. He's also very innovative and has produced multiple 1st round picks so it's not like it's a gimmick scheme or anything. Maybe he's comfortable out there in Boise but he's one that I think could be very successful in the NFL.
Petersen is a unique talent....the kind of guy I would like to find, for the innovative quality you mentioned. Innovative is key IMO....someone with the creative capacity to stay ahead of the curve and set the trends.

Unfortunately, it seems he has no interest in leaving Boise. He doesn't even care about the BCS. And good for him .
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

I don't think anyone will get fired this week under any circumstances, but then again I did not think we'd sign Freeman.

My overall take on our coaching staff is simple - the HC and coordinators are not very smart men, and it shows in their job performance.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

I know everyone loves Spielman, but the guy is a hack that that got lucky twice in the 2012 draft. First major mistake, cutting Mckinnie, not only did we lose a top draft pick without any compensation, but he goes on to become the starting lt for the Super Bowl winning team. Which forces us to waste a top 5 pick on the same damn position. Strike one.

Strike two, I always thought punters were a dime a dozen, Spielman proved that wrong.

Strike three, handling the vets, or anyone for that matter in the last year of their contracts. There isn't enough draft picks to fill the holes this guy's revolving door policy is producing. No excuse that Winfield is sitting at home. The end of this season is looking even uglier, especially on defense.
Tark10
Starter

Post by Tark10 »

I thought last year was somewhat misleading. Is there a reason why this team hasn't had a true passing game since 2009? A complete coaching change may be needed. NOT BRIAN BILLICK. He was a big reason why this team lost the NFC Championship game during the 1998 run.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

Tark10 wrote:I thought last year was somewhat misleading. Is there a reason why this team hasn't had a true passing game since 2009? A complete coaching change may be needed. NOT BRIAN BILLICK. He was a big reason why this team lost the NFC Championship game during the 1998 run.
Why was Billick to blame for 98? Green admitted to calling all the plays in the play-offs. That's why it changed to more conservative game.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I'm neutral on Musgrave. He has his good and his bad. On the defensive side I'm to a point where I think it is time for a shake up. Top to bottom.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Tark10 wrote:I thought last year was somewhat misleading. Is there a reason why this team hasn't had a true passing game since 2009? A complete coaching change may be needed. NOT BRIAN BILLICK. He was a big reason why this team lost the NFC Championship game during the 1998 run.
I find that hard to swallow. His name is DaKnee Green for a reason. (and I'm neutral on Billick as a coach)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Tark10
Starter

Post by Tark10 »

Thanks for the 1998 clarification. That last offensive series before the half was horrid. It jump started the Falcons.