Trade AD, Fire Frazier

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

rugbyrugger23
Rookie

Re: Trade AD, Fire Frazier

Post by rugbyrugger23 »

vikingsfansince07 wrote:Wow, all this Trade AP talk is making me sick to my stomach. There is no way you get somebody of his caliber again. AP is the only chance right now to win a Superbowl and you say pull the plug on Adrian Peterson? We can get something better? Sure you might get something similar to him Maybe in the next 20 years. You lose him there is no team for 10+ years. I am Baffled. :wallbang: :wallbang:

The team we have right now can win games it is terrible play calling, for instance why would we call a timeout right after the Browns just had one, for what. We have a really good team with AP, without him we have a ok team.

We need better play calling, and much better plays. Get a grip.

TRADE ADRIAN PETERSON. my goodness what a stupid suggestion. :steamed: :wallbang:
Yes, you are right, the formula for winning Superbowls over the last 10 years has been an elite running back occupying 15% of precious NFL capspace. The only way to win is AP and retaining a crapy QB. And I forgot, sell high sell low.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

I honestly don't trade AD at all. We obviously need an upgrade at QB whether it's Murray or trading for a guy like Cousins. We need a guy that can stretch the field so that AD is not facing 8 in the box constantly. Having a QB that can throw the ball downfield at least gives us a chance to contend.

As for coaching, I agree that Frazier will be gone as well as most if not all of the staff as well. I don't go the college route to look for one and I don't go for a retread either....
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

For all you "geniuses" who think trading Peterson is a stupid idea, how will keeping Peterson make us any better? So you think it is in our best to wait.......and wait............and wait.............and wait..............and wait.............................and wait.................and wait.........................and wait............................and wait......................and wait.....................and wait...................and wait......................and wait for us to finally either A) Get Ponder to play good like the QB we thought he was gonna be or B) Get a new QB?

Peterson will be old and slower by then. He is already showing shades of regression now. Peterson does not make the team as a whole better, he only makes himself better. Why not get a draft pick out of him and rebuild for the future. We have a lot of holes on this team. It will be atleast 2 or 3 years until we can get this team fixed. Peterson will not win a super bowl with this team. We had chances to win one but because of the poor personnel choices, draft choices, and FA signings from the past, we have ruined any chance to build a "team" around Peterson. I think Peterson is running off his last wheels of him being in his prime. Ever since that first TD he broke for 78 yards, he has been shut down.

But I guest as long as Peterson being on the team can maintain ticket sales and bring in merchandise revenue, that's all we need right? Screw a championship. We just need our fancy little running back bedazzle us with his awesome cutbacks and shifts and just let the rest of the team still find a way to lose a game. Why try to better our team? Watching Peterson run up the field all day long is more exciting than rebuilding and trying to develop a championship team. Maybe in our empty super bowl case, we can put a statue of AD in there. We don't need a super bowl ring, AD is our champion.

That's why this team comes short every season. Because everything we do is half-assed. We're so concerned about maintaining a run game with our superstar RB that the passing game, defense, and special teams have been neglected and it shows.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

DanAS wrote: Trade AD? Seriously?

I mean, if we could get a Herschel Walker type package, then sure. But I doubt that is forthcoming.

AD showed last year what he can do. He just needs to be part of a team with a passing game.
Which they have had 0 commitment to outside of 2009 / 2010. Ferotte, Jackson, Ponder. This outfite is still parroting this Ponder is our guy malarky. That is a fireable offense!

I have wanted this team to trade like crazy for 3 years, but they too long stuck with the idea that they are close. They haven't been close since 2009. And despite making the playoffs last season, this team was cannon fodder for real contenders. A RB can't carry you all the way, playoff teams are going to eventually go off and score a lot of points.

As great as AP is, he has set this team back as far as long term goals. Having such a weapon is useless without a serious passing offense. But to those that think a team will surrender two 1st, that is completely false. Trent Richardson had more trade value in reality, because of how many carries each RB has on their body. Adrian has 2-3 years tops as a top RB, he is approaching 2,000 carries and that is when the body starts to say no more. Remember he is a physical back. I don't think it is a must that he is traded, barring a huge offer. But the elephant is in the room, they have wasted his career by putting so little effort into the QB poisiion outside of drafting a backup quality QB with the 12th pick in 2011.

I really think it's too late to remedy this considering how short the career of a RB is. By the time they draft another one he will be heading into season 8, providing they actually do draft another which with these fools is no given. When you had a weapon like this, the top priority should have been to aqquire a big time passer at ALL cost, even giving up a whole draft to do it.

The sad thing is watching other teams do it right, and you know they will be contenders. Even when they give up a huge draft bountry to accomplish that. Also sad is 2011, this team should have tanked and I know many are against that philosophy, but those same people also wonder why this team never wins, In 2011 I would have signed Spergeon Wynn and made him my starter haha, well you get the point.
This space available for rent.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

BGM wrote:I better take a break from the board, because if I read one more "Trade AD" post, I'm going to punch a cat.
I read this not long after I got back to the car yesterday after the game. It made me laugh. Thanks! :D With that said, I already wasted too much time on this topic. People are crazy sometimes. And you'd be crazy to ever punch a cat, especially in front of me. That'd be the LAST thing you did. :lol:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

BGM wrote: So you are trading him for the HOPE of getting better? He DOES make the team more competitive by being here. Remember last season?

Again, the ONLY scenario that makes even a little sense is trading to draft an elite QB (again - crapshoot). Or trade one-for-one for an elite QB (which will NEVER happen).
True story.

But don't you know? We should trade away our best player for more draft picks, because our OTHER draft picks aren't working out as planned. But, man, these picks we get from trading AD will be worth it. It'll all work out this time. It just has to. It's a great plan. Super Bowl home boy!
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

This is basically smack shack stuff, right?

I mean, seriously. Who are they going to promote to coach after 3 games? The offensive coordinator who sucks, or the defensive coordinator who sucks? Oh...I know, the special teams coach who took most of the credit for Blair Walsh being a good kicker and is now the new darling of the fanbase?

Trade AD? Right now? Yeah...no. No team is going to want to do a Hershel Walker style trade because that is what a playoff team would have to do to make the numbers work. If they could even be cleared to do so by the league.

Trolls have to learn some basics about the league before they talk smack.
-Rus