Postgame comments from players, media, coaches.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Postgame comments from players, media, coaches.

Post by yezzir »

Jared Allen: "Our situational football is embarrassing. ... For us, it's about consistency and we're inconsistent."

Jim Souhan @SouhanStrib

Vikings 0-3 and banged up, need QB. How about: Tread water for Bridgewater. #tooearly?

@DerekWetmore

Know this: In sports, "inconsistency" is just window dressing to the phrase "not very good." This Vikings team is not very good.

@PMac21

Ryan Tannehill is putting on a clinic on this late drive by the #Dolphins. Conducting, leading, precise throws...
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Postgame comments from players, media, coaches.

Post by yezzir »

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple Jesus wrote:Who watched Ponder's presser? They were talking about the missed throw to Greg on 3rd and 5 at the end and Ponder said something like "Just a bad throw" and then "It's a pass I can make 9 out of a hundred times" (some on here probably believe that to be true) haha I mean, I know what he meant, but the wording was wrong and I just found it funny.

That is pretty funny. :lol:
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

I know he misspoke, but did he really say that, verbatim?
TheIrishVikingsFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TheIrishVikingsFan »

Purple Jesus wrote:Who watched Ponder's presser? They were talking about the missed throw to Greg on 3rd and 5 at the end and Ponder said something like "Just a bad throw" and then "It's a pass I can make 9 out of a hundred times" (some on here probably believe that to be true) haha I mean, I know what he meant, but the wording was wrong and I just found it funny.
i believe he meant 99 out of 100...but i know what you mean
I mean i cant deny the talent Ponder has to be a nfl QB and i have been one of his biggest supporters, but its year 3 and if big things dont start happening then i dont know.... Today i didn't think it was all on him but he left a lot on the field.
The guy can play, but its all about consistency. You can't teach the "it" factor, and im loosing faith.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

@Andrew_Krammer

Frazier: "Yeah, [Ponder] is still our starting quarterback."
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

yezzir wrote:@Andrew_Krammer

Frazier: "Yeah, [Ponder] is still our starting quarterback."
Remember when Childress said that after week 2?

Then the next day Tjoke is benched.

:lol:
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Whats the one change you would make at the bye if you could

both in agreement "offensive coordinator" heh.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

yezzir wrote:
I aggree with everything those guys said except the thing about losing to Washington in 2011. People gotta stop saying we would have ended up with Luck or RG3 had we lost that game. No we wouldn't have. We had drafted our "franchise guy" that spring. There was no way this conservative franchise was going to draft another QB so soon. Ponder only had what, 9 starts when Luck was drafted? If we had the top pick that year, right now we'd be #### about how we were the team that passed on Luck.
Last edited by Reignman on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he?
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

soflavike wrote: Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, is he?
Well I thought the thing about Ponder was how smart he is? Whenever I listen to or watch Ponder, smart is not the thing that comes to mind.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Reignman wrote:Well I thought the thing about Ponder was how smart he is? Whenever I listen to or watch Ponder, smart is not the thing that comes to mind.
That's what I thought when we drafted him. "Well, he's athletic and smart..could be a solid QB." He graduated in less than 4 years.

But, he did graduate from FSU, and was a campus celebrity. May be a tad different than graduating from the U of M with a business degree. :confused:
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Purple Jesus wrote: Yeah, he said 9 out of a hundred. I know he meant probably 9 of ten or 99 of a hundred, whatever, but that's not how it came out haha

Check it out. It's at about the 4:20 mark:

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 558b3c934e
I listened to it again and he does say "99" out of 100 he just says it really fast. And I think he gives himself too much credit xD. He has thrown that ball close to 100 times now and I would say he's completed about 50.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Desnt do any good to change the OC if the BoyBlunder cant get WIDE open receivers the ball. When there is no pressure on him. Replace Ponder first. Now. Before London. But it wont happen, and I hope Fraizer and Spielman lose their jobs because of it.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

I also noticed he incorrectly uses the word "we" where he should be saying "I" haha. We need to play better, we need to execute, we missed some plays. No I'm kidding, I know it's not just him stinking it up. AJ got benched after 2 horrible plays in the 1st quarter. And more we gotta watch the film and see what we did wrong. I can't wait to hear the presser where we talk about how well we executed and how all that film work finally paid off xD.

"Well we finally fixed all those things we needed to work on thanks to all that tape watching we've been doing since week 1 of preseason"