Vikings VS Packers Predictions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings VS Packers Predictions

Post by Mothman »

Dark wrote:Just to clear things up, do we make the playoffs if we beat the packers next week?
Yes.
Also, if we lose, what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs?
Answers here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... or-vikings
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Dark wrote:Just to clear things up, do we make the playoffs if we beat the packers next week? Also, if we lose, what needs to happen in order for us to make the playoffs?
With the Giant loss today - if we win in week 17, we're in. If we lose:

1) The Bears need to lose
2) The Giants need to lose or tie
3) The Cowboys need to lose or tie

(I think that's correct)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

AD, at home, going for the record and securing a playoff spot. M-O-T-I-V-A-T-E-D

Packers know that they're in even if they lose

Vikes 23, Packers 13
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

After beating Houston in this fashion, against all odds, how can some of you guys choose the Packers over the Vikings????? Sure, I understand becoming cynical, but let's be practical here. What works in the Vikings favor is.....

-Riding on a 3 game winning streak and strong playing by our defense and improved offense
-Playing in the Metrodome where the crowd will be going WILD
-Packers might be playing for a first round bye, but our defense typically puts tough pressure on Rodgers, and if Allen and Robison hit and sack Rodgers a few times, I would NOT be surprised if Rodgers is pulled in maybe even at halftime to not risk him getting a concussion or similar injury. In fact I would be shocked if Rodgers isn't pulled if he starts to get hit hard early.
-Randall Cobb, arguably the Packer's best receiver and also solid kick returner, left the game today with an ankle injury and didn't return. Even if he's well enough to play next Sunday, I would be surprised if he isn't benched and rested for the playoffs. Or maybe benched some time in the game.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

Valhalla wrote: Packers are in but what if the FortyNiners, losing last I saw, lost tonight to Seattle?? Then, GB would be playing for the first round bye. That's something.
They will still know that they're in the playoffs no matter what. The bye is something to play for, but it isn't as motivating as 'win or go home'. Plus AD's personal motivations on top of that puts us over the top!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

As sad as this makes me, being a home game agasint the Packers, i think 24-17 Packers (
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

It will all come down to whether Leslie shows the patience and composure to put the ball in AP's hands ALL DAY. If we grind em up all day then the Pack doesnt get the time to work their passing game magic. The Pack has NO run game and their Run D is suspect. IF AP is injured, we are dead. IF Leslie, once again, dreams of Ponder passing his way to victory, we are dead........
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Looks like 49ers are going to lose. A win for the Packers gives them a first round bye. So they'll be playing very hard and probably won't pull anyone in the game.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Think it also depends how healthy AD is. I don't remember hearing anything about his groin from the previous week, yet the announcers pointed it out after his last run. I noticed him holding his cup after the play and thought maybe he just got hit there, but possibly more to it.

Anyone heard anymore?
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

^ He was rested late but said postgame he'll definitely play and will be 'ready to get a W and break that record." :D

For all intents and purposes, the Vikings playoffs begin next Sunday.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

Looks like the Vikings will be on fox for national TV next sunday! The other four o clock fox games are stlouis/seattle and Arizona/SF. I think it's a no-brainer the Vikings will be the national game. (i live in NY so i've had to watch all the vikings games online).

And Dallas Washington is the sunday night game. wow, winner take all; going to be a great day of football.

Also just realized, That Packers loss to Seattle really screwed us over. Green Bay would have the 2 seed locked up with SF's loss tonight. Damn.
Last edited by Orion on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9man
Transition Player

Post by 9man »

Man I am already excited for this one! I think the vikes win 27-21
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Looks like the Vikings will be on fox for national TV next sunday! The other four o clock fox games are stlouis/seattle and Arizona/SF. I think it's a no-brainer the Vikings will be the national game. (i live in NY so i've had to watch all the vikings games online).
Yep they just announced it was moved to 4:25 est game on FOX.
Vincent Vega
Rookie

Post by Vincent Vega »

27 - 10 Packers
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I think as long as Ponder can manage the game and limit the turnovers we could definitely win this game. Im just worried Ponder is going to try too much but hopefully he plays like he did today. The packers always struggle to stop AP. Our defense is also playing lights out right now. We need to get pressure on Rodgers early and we got a win!

OFFENSE
-Ponder throws for 185 and 2 TDs, 1 INT
-Peterson goes for 130 and 1 TD.
-Wright catches 6 for 75 and 1 TD
-Rudolph catches 4 for 45, 0 TD
-Walsh makes one from 33 and 49

DEFENSE
-Allen gets 2 sacks
-Griffen gets 1 sack
-KWill gets 1 sack
-Greenway with 9 tackles, 1 INT
-Cook with 1 INT that ends the game

27-17 Vikings :thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri