Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Viking Biker wrote:Hi all. My name is Todd. I met Mike a few years ago. Actually, I met him online back around 1999 or so, and we met in person around 2002 or 2003? Man, where do the years go? Anyway, it's my fault that we didn't keep in touch. I had some personal issues the last few years, but have overcome them and have been able to stabilize my life.

I bought a new motorcycle back in 2003. It's a Suzuki Volusia. It was silver and white. Not anymore. It's now purple and gold. I had it painted over the summer by a friend down in Des Moines (Ed Head Graphics and custom painting). The result? Well, I bumped into a guy that knew a guy with the Vikings, and I now own the official motorcycle of the Minnesota Vikings. It was like winning the lottery. Last week's game against the Eagles was the first game for the bike. Ragnar rode it out of the tunnel onto the field, and I was on the field watching it all. I get on field credentials for all the home games, which is the sweetest thing I could ever dream of. Before the game, I was standing in the player tunnel next to the bike, and all the players are walking right past me. You should have seen AP. He looked at the bike, then looked at my buddy, then looked at the bike again. Incredible.

It's great to be here. I hope I can meet most of you. I'm going to see Mike this weekend for the first time in a few years. I can't wait!

Todd

Well, don't you suck :)

Just kidding. Congratulations on the good luck, etc. Do you have a pic of the bike?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Do you have a pic of the bike?
Down towards the bottom of the page.

viewtopic.php?p=188048#188048

I noticed the different bike last week but had no idea it belonged to Todd.
Mike

vikesfaninchina
Practice Squad

Post by vikesfaninchina »

Hi everyone. Life long Vikes fan. Now living in China, still watch all the games (although the games are normally on from 2-5am). It's nice to meet some like minded souls on the web! Now I have something to do when I'm bored at work!
madinventor
Practice Squad

I'm new

Post by madinventor »

Hi all my name is Cliff I've made a few posts I live in Beaverton, Oregon I'm looking to find other Viking fans in Oregon or the Portland area.
Go Vikes!!!!
And You can go to my Blog and talk Vikings...http://www.cliffwiggins.blogspot.com
Agito

Post by Agito »

Whatup, everybody, been lurking for a while decided to actually start posting.

:govikes: GO VIKES!!! :govikes:
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

:welcome to the board folks. Hope you enjoy it here and glad you joined. Vikes pulled a couple of prime time games so it should be a fun month to the end of the regular season.
Mike

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: I'm new

Post by Cliff »

madinventor wrote:Hi all my name is Cliff I've made a few posts I live in Beaverton, Oregon I'm looking to find other Viking fans in Oregon or the Portland area.
I'm sorry, but there can be only one Cliff. I'm going to need you to discard your name immediately.

Seriously though, welcome to the board. How's life in Beaverton?
vikesfan45488
Practice Squad

Post by vikesfan45488 »

Hi everybody. Been following this forum for a while but just now decided to sign up. I have been a vikings fan my whole life and reside in Salina, Kansas ;)
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

:welcome my Viking brother. Good to have another fan from Salina here.
Mike

vikesfan45488
Practice Squad

Post by vikesfan45488 »

Kansas Viking wrote::welcome my Viking brother. Good to have another fan from Salina here.
thnx for the welcome 8)
Ikaros

new guy

Post by Ikaros »

Hey whats up? I'm a Redskins fan and a member of Extremeskins. My whole family are Vikings fans except for me. I still root for the Vikings unless they're playing the Skins so I guess the Vikings are my 2nd fav team if there is such a thing.

btw- good game against the Skins. I was worried in the 2nd half that the Vikings would come back untill Portis scored the TD. I think the Vikings will be a good team again soon. The Redskins offense was really horrible until we got Santana Moss to help open things up for Portis. Ever since then the offense has been a LOT better and I think the Vikings just need a better passing attack to help Adrian. Maybe some better Corners on defense too, I haven't seen the Skins WRs get so open all year..
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

vikesfan45488 wrote:Hi everybody. Been following this forum for a while but just now decided to sign up. I have been a vikings fan my whole life and reside in Salina, Kansas ;)
:

:welcome to the board. Enjoy the time here as it is alot of fun.
nibelungen

New member from Canada

Post by nibelungen »

Hi there. I'm a new member from British Columbia Canada. I'm on a couple of other boards on the Web, but have visited KansasViking many times over the past year or two...sooo I thought I'd give this board a try as well. I don't know if that's good etiquette or not, belonging to more than one board, but here I am for better or worse -- so you are stuck with me. 8)
I'm a lifelong Viking fan from way back to the days of Bud and Fran and look forward to chatting it up with y'all in the near future.

Oh yeah, and my stepson is in the U.S. infantry and I'll be visiting him in Georgia next month -- first time to see his base so I'm pretty excited.

skol Vikes!
:D
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: New member from Canada

Post by Kansas Viking »

nibelungen wrote:Hi there. I'm a new member from British Columbia Canada. I'm on a couple of other boards on the Web, but have visited KansasViking many times over the past year or two...sooo I thought I'd give this board a try as well. I don't know if that's good etiquette or not, belonging to more than one board, but here I am for better or worse -- so you are stuck with me. 8)
I'm a lifelong Viking fan from way back to the days of Bud and Fran and look forward to chatting it up with y'all in the near future.

Oh yeah, and my stepson is in the U.S. infantry and I'll be visiting him in Georgia next month -- first time to see his base so I'm pretty excited.

skol Vikes!
:welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy the site here. And there's nothing wrong with belonging to a several boards. Quite a few of us are. Everyone is welcome here.
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: New member from Canada

Post by vikingman »

nibelungen wrote:Hi there. I'm a new member from British Columbia Canada. I'm on a couple of other boards on the Web, but have visited KansasViking many times over the past year or two...sooo I thought I'd give this board a try as well. I don't know if that's good etiquette or not, belonging to more than one board, but here I am for better or worse -- so you are stuck with me. 8)

skol Vikes!

greetings and :welcome to the board. Enjoy your stay. It is alot of fun.