US travel tips?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: US travel tips?

Post by Texas Vike »

Ohjay wrote:Thanks a lot Texas. I'll keep your suggestions in mind since I travel a lot to Mpls for Vikings games :govikes: :govikes:
Didn't manage to visit Surly when I was there for the GB game but aim to go there sometime during the next two home games :beerock:

Regarding beer, I don't know how long ago you visited Sweden but the craft beer scene exploded about 8 years ago and we now have a lot of micro-breweries that brew all kinds of beer. IPA, APA, Stouts, Porters, Saison, etc.
There is also a whole lot of importing going on and it usually ends up out of stock just a few days after arriving at the liquor store(yay for liquor monopoly :wallbang: )
Personally I'm a huge fan of APA and stouts.
Ah, interesting. I was there about 8-9 years ago. My buddies that lived in Sweden at the time (now in Oslo) said Danish beer was the best bet back then. I remember finding one beer that we really liked in Norway (no idea where it was from) which came in odd shaped bottles with a rather large mouth and not a typical cap. I think it was an ale, which was an oddity at the time. Good for you all that you've had a craft beer explosion! Stouts go great with your climate! I spend a fair bit of time in Spain, and have seen the same trend there too, but it's a marginal thing, not nearly as noticeable as in the US.

Enjoy your next trip, and SKOL Vikings! :v):
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I also highly recommend South Lyndale Liquors. They have a ton of inventory and their staff is very knowledgeable. Lots of stuff to sample too, just have to ask.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

S197 wrote:I also highly recommend South Lyndale Liquors. They have a ton of inventory and their staff is very knowledgeable. Lots of stuff to sample too, just have to ask.
Thanks, I'll look it up! :)
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If you want to go to Hell's Kitchen, see if they take reservations or go early. We went for brunch and the wait was over an hour.