RIP Dave Henderson

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

RIP Dave Henderson

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Former major league outfielder Dave Henderson, who hit one of the most famous home runs in postseason history, died Sunday after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 57.

Known as "Hendu," he spent 14 seasons in the major leagues, playing for the Oakland Athletics, Seattle Mariners, Boston Red Sox, Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14442 ... ies-age-57

In the late 80s, I was just beginning to understand what sports were all about, and I loved how the Oakland A's could hit home runs almost at will, including Dave Henderson. He was my favorite of the Bash Brothers (I know it was mostly Canseco and McGuire, but I always put Hendu in there) and it was fun to watch him play. I remember in 1991 against the Twins he had three solo HRs in a game that the Twins rallied to win.
RIP Hendu, probably the first non-Twin that I ever really followed.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018