Where does the Chicagoland contingent of VMB watch the Vikin

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Where does the Chicagoland contingent of VMB watch the Vikin

Post by mmvikes »

I have noticed there are a number of people on here who live in the Chicago area. I was just wondering where some of you catch the Vikings games. I live at the south end of Naperville and watch the games at Tommy Nevins Pub on Rt59. They will always put the Vikings on one of the TVs for me even though I will on occasion get pretty loud watching the game. I used to catch them at Tailgaters in Bolingbrook until Nevins opened up 1 mile from my house. Do any of you have a relatively large group of Vikings fans watching the games together? Skol
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Where does the Chicagoland contingent of VMB watch the V

Post by mmvikes »

Nobody?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I just watch at home when they're on and otherwise, I tend to listen to the radio broadcasts on NFL.com and then watch the games on NFL Rewind the next day. I used to watch the games at a great bar/restaurant called Grizzly's but it closed years ago. :(

I know Redmond's on N. Sheffield in Wrigleyville, is basically a Vikings bar on NFL Sundays but I've never seen a game there.

I've watched a few games at the Brownstone Tavern on Lincoln Ave. over the years.

Apparently, there's a Minnesota Vikings Fan Club of Chicagoland that watches games at Gamekeepers at 1971 N Lincoln Ave.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Minn ... 2828889125
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Mothman wrote:I just watch at home when they're on and otherwise, I tend to listen to the radio broadcasts on NFL.com and then watch the games on NFL Rewind the next day. I used to watch the games at a great bar/restaurant called Grizzly's but it closed years ago. :(

I know Redmond's on N. Sheffield in Wrigleyville, is basically a Vikings bar on NFL Sundays but I've never seen a game there.

I've watched a few games at the Brownstone Tavern on Lincoln Ave. over the years.

Apparently, there's a Minnesota Vikings Fan Club of Chicagoland that watches games at Gamekeepers at 1971 N Lincoln Ave.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Minn ... 2828889125
I will have to find out if there are members of that group out in the western suburbs. Thanks for the link
purpletinted66
Starter

Post by purpletinted66 »

Mothman wrote:I just watch at home when they're on and otherwise, I tend to listen to the radio broadcasts on NFL.com and then watch the games on NFL Rewind the next day.
thanks, that'll woik. now me and broski can listen in....
purpletinted66
Starter

Post by purpletinted66 »

Read somewhere that cbs was going to take up the bears and vikes match

sent from tapatio talk
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Redmond's Ale House in Lakeview. I have never been but they advertise themselves as a Vikings bar along with big 10 football.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if there was a place up in Andersonville.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
LA Viking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by LA Viking »

I've watched a couple games at Redmond's in 2013, but then got DirecTV, and now that I'm in Evanston (at Northwestern), I'm basically stuck with Nevin's (which sucks). Though I bought Sunday Ticket Streaming now so I don't have to waste Sundays at Nevins.

BTW, for my Capstone project (I'm getting my Masters in Analytics), I started a website http://www.justnoms.com to help you find great food (we launched in Chicago and SF). You rate the menu items, not the restaurant, and we provide personalized ratings and recommendations (like Netflix for food). I'd really appreciate it if any Chicagoans could check it out (and use it!).

:govikes:
The difference between men is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.