Moving to MN

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Moving to MN

Post by akvikingsfan »

My wife is getting out of the Air Force at the end of May, I'm transfer to UMN law school and we're moving out to Minnesota. There's a house in Ramsey that we're looking at buying. Can anyone comment on the commute from Ramsey to the U? Or from Ramsey to downtown? I know what Google Maps says. But I also know that winter driving in MN does not conform to the expectations of Google Maps. Any input is welcomed. Thanks.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Moving to MN

Post by PurpleMustReign »

akvikingsfan wrote:My wife is getting out of the Air Force at the end of May, I'm transfer to UMN law school and we're moving out to Minnesota. There's a house in Ramsey that we're looking at buying. Can anyone comment on the commute from Ramsey to the U? Or from Ramsey to downtown? I know what Google Maps says. But I also know that winter driving in MN does not conform to the expectations of Google Maps. Any input is welcomed. Thanks.
Depends on the time of day obviously, but it is a pretty easy drive. I live in Crystal, but the drive to downtown is similar.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Depends on the time of day obviously, but it is a pretty easy drive. I live in Crystal, but the drive to downtown is similar.
Thanks. I didn't think it could be too terrible. At least, it can't be any worse than driving out here in California or when we lived in San Antonio.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Well CA has much wider roads than we do here so our traffic jams can be really bad and slow. Good luck on your move here and I hope you like it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Had a friend go to the open house of the property that we were interested in. Turned out not to be what we were looking for. So we're looking for something. If anyone one here is a realtor please send me a message, I'm not fond of the person we're currently working with. Also, if anyone has suggestions on what areas we should look at let me know. I've only spent large amounts of time up in Royalton (past St. Cloud) and minimal time in the cities. The only thing that we care about is the commute to downtown being around 30 minutes or less.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

akvikingsfan wrote:Had a friend go to the open house of the property that we were interested in. Turned out not to be what we were looking for. So we're looking for something. If anyone one here is a realtor please send me a message, I'm not fond of the person we're currently working with. Also, if anyone has suggestions on what areas we should look at let me know. I've only spent large amounts of time up in Royalton (past St. Cloud) and minimal time in the cities. The only thing that we care about is the commute to downtown being around 30 minutes or less.
I'll get back to later.

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

This is who I used, and so did my ex-gf. She is really nice and she is really good at listening.

Linda Nelson
Linda Nelson
REALTOR
LindaNelson@edinarealty.com
612-749-7481
Maple Grove 7767 Elm Creek Blvd Ste 200 Maple Grove, MN 55369
Contact Me
View Site
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Ended up going with a new construction development in New Hope. Put in the down payment today. Should be able to move in in June. Now on to convincing my wife to let me get season tickets this fall.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Nice! You are very close to me.

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Nice! You are very close to me.

Sweet! Where's the best nearby place to watch games? When I lived in Alaska I went to the Vikings' Fan Club. But in Texas and California I have found myself watching them at home. Although watching games alone with the wife has been alright, I have found that watching with a group of other fans to be more enjoyable. Particularly when the fans are knowledgeable about not only the Vikings but football in general.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Would love to move back there ....

Hope it works out for you guys I have always
enjoyed my trips back there. The people are
very friendly from my experiences.

https://twincities.eater.com/maps/best- ... win-cities
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!