Getting logged out.

Announcements, suggestions, comments, or problems with Vikingsmessageboard.com

Moderator: Moderators

VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Getting logged out.

Post by VikingMachine »

I've been having problems with staying logged in even though I have the little box checked, it still logs me out many times a day. Anyone else have this problem and if so can we fix it?
glg
Site Admin

Re: Getting logged out.

Post by glg »

VikingMachine wrote:I've been having problems with staying logged in even though I have the little box checked, it still logs me out many times a day. Anyone else have this problem and if so can we fix it?
Try deleting cookies/clearing cache. That happens occasionally to me, but goes away if you clear everything out.
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Tried that since I posted this and you suggested it and it hasnt seemed to help at all. No idea.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingMachine wrote:Tried that since I posted this and you suggested it and it hasnt seemed to help at all. No idea.
You might want to check the "Privacy" and "security" tabs in internet explorer under "Tools (at the top) >> Internet Options". If you've got either of those set to "high" it will sometimes disable cookies altogether.

On both of those screens there should be a button that says "default" or something like that. If it's grayed out then it means it's set to default and that's not the problem. If you're able to click those buttons do so on each screen and then hit "ok".

See if that helps.
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Cliff wrote: You might want to check the "Privacy" and "security" tabs in internet explorer under "Tools (at the top) >> Internet Options". If you've got either of those set to "high" it will sometimes disable cookies altogether.

On both of those screens there should be a button that says "default" or something like that. If it's grayed out then it means it's set to default and that's not the problem. If you're able to click those buttons do so on each screen and then hit "ok".

See if that helps.
Thanks Cliff but I use Firefox not IE. I did go into my setting on Firefox and checked and it all seemed good with regards to the issues you brough up. Thanks again for trying though.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

I did a little googling on this, found a couple recommendations for the cookie settings of the board, but all the settings were already correct. :evil:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

VikingMachine wrote: Thanks Cliff but I use Firefox not IE. I did go into my setting on Firefox and checked and it all seemed good with regards to the issues you brough up. Thanks again for trying though.
Ah, I use firefox too. Good choice ... I was just playing the odds.

You said you checked the cookie settings in the privacy section? Both "accept cookies from sites" and "accept third party cookies" are checked? If so, have you clicked on the "exceptions" button to see if the site is listed there some how?

It could be a borard setting but that seems unlikely ... there'd probably be more people complaining about it ... and as I use firefox as well, it would seem if it was an issue with the board I'd be having it too.

The only other thing I could think of would be an anti-virus/anti-spyware program. Sometimes those things get over protective. If all the cookies settings check out you might check those programs if you have them and see if there are any settings for cookies in there.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Have the same exact problem with both Firefox and IE 8. :?
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

thatguy wrote:Have the same exact problem with both Firefox and IE 8. :?
Check for cookie settings or if you have some kind of spyware program that automatically deletes all your cookies
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

Nah, I've done all that, and I've tried it on multiple computers...
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides