Suspending Members.

Announcements, suggestions, comments, or problems with Vikingsmessageboard.com

Moderator: Moderators

APeterson07
Veteran

Suspending Members.

Post by APeterson07 »

I think the suspending members on the forums is a joke. I got a one week suspension that just ended today. For calling a guy a homer of Childress on the site. It was not an insult or bashing in anyway. I kept it clean and I got the personal foul called and banned a week. :twisted:

Why not warn a person of there "error in judgment" and if it happens again then suspend them. To jump to a week off is bad in my opinion. Ban a guy who posts on the forums for a so called personal attack. Which in all honesty was very minor. It was meant more as a joke than anything.

Last thing, sure would have been nice to get a pm saying why I was banned and then one of my return to the site. To log into the site and see nothing in the pm box is bad business. :spanking: :spanking: :spanking:

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: Suspending Members.

Post by Kansas Viking »

You probably would have received a warning if you had just taken a swipe at another member in the course of a thread conversation. People take jabs at each other here all the time and for the most part, if anything is done, it's just a friendly "please stop the personal insults" comment from one of the Mods in the same thread.

But you specifically started a thread with another members name in the title to call him out. That won't be tolerated from anyone here on the board. If we allowed that then the place would deteriorate rapidly. It's even posted in the Forum Rules section.
Personal attacks, insults, good fan/bad fan posts, and posts started specifically to stir things up here. Offenders will have their account deactivated for a week. At the end of that time, it will be re-activated. If it continues, the account will be pulled permanently.
Since there is no advertising sold here and membership fees are not required, I don't see how it is "bad for business." Sorry you feel it was a joke, but anyone that makes a post like the one you did would have received the same punishment.
Mike