why keep locked topics??

Announcements, suggestions, comments, or problems with Vikingsmessageboard.com

Moderator: Moderators

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

why keep locked topics??

Post by OJVIKE »

why does vmb keep locked topics ?? it really makes no sense..at least to me.. i can still read them yes but i cant respond...was just wondering is all..or mybe start a locked topic page as to free up room in the existin ones??? just a thought..thx for letting me post this
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: why keep locked topics??

Post by Kansas Viking »

OJVIKE wrote:why does vmb keep locked topics ??
So people don't keep starting the same topic over and over.
OJVIKE wrote: or mybe start a locked topic page as to free up room in the existin ones???
A lot of this will be taken care of when we convert to the new board software. We will be able to merge posts. That will cut down on locked topics.
Mike

OJVIKE
Career Elite Player

Post by OJVIKE »

oh ok thanx kansas ,see you in august... :D
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

OJVIKE wrote:oh ok thanx kansas ,see you in august... :D
September for me.
Mike

John
Bartender/Retired

Re: why keep locked topics??

Post by John »

OJVIKE wrote:why does vmb keep locked topics ?? it really makes no sense..at least to me.. i can still read them yes but i cant respond...was just wondering is all..or mybe start a locked topic page as to free up room in the existin ones??? just a thought..thx for letting me post this
Some of them are gone after reaching "page two" of the forums. I do that. If they are long threads that go bad I leave them with the hope others might learn what not to do... for what that is worth.

I usually delete the shadow links ("moved") after a while too. Doing that makes it easier for someone browsing the older posts in one forum. They get what they want in the forum they're searching.