Chiefs Tailgate and Game Photos

Announcements, suggestions, comments, or problems with Vikingsmessageboard.com

Moderator: Moderators

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Chiefs Tailgate and Game Photos

Post by Kansas Viking »

Got the Chiefs Tailgate Photos uploaded this evening. The weather was great that day. Gates at other stadiums like Arrowhead don't open until 8:30 AM so everyone gets in line at the gates and starts tailgating then. It's quite a bit of fun and then there is a jail break after they open as the stadium crew herds everyone into parking spots. You can't just drive around and get a spot where you want. That's why our whole crew lined up together. That way we ended up parked next to each other at the edge of Royals stadium by Arrowhead. Nothing like a Kansas City Tailgate. Good food, great people and a fun time.

Chiefs Game Photos are up also. There are quite a few of these but I couldn't help it. Outdoor lighting like this affords some incredible stop action and close ups of players that are just not possible in the Dome. Got some stupendous shots during warm ups. I'll also say that Jackson is one impressive athlete. Great build and musculature on him. I was shocked at his size and apparent strength. He definitely has it over the other two quarterbacks. I got several photos of Holcomb getting blindsided after a McKinnie El Matador routine. Surprised he held up to that. Caught the A-10 Warthogs on the flyover during the opening. Very sweet!

Fantastic day for the game. Nothing like an outdoor experience like that. Only problem was it got pretty hot and humid. Other than that, and losing to the Chiefs it was one fun weekend.

Post will be moved to Announcements Section at the end of the week.
Last edited by Kansas Viking on Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Thanks for the pics Mike. I really hate seeing all that damn RED though. The pictures of the A 10's were sweet. Next year they are suppose to be in Salina for sometype of training mission. Coming from all over the country and have been told that they expect approx. 80 of them that will be parked on the flight line ramps. Should be quite the site.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Chiefs Tailgate and Game Photos

Post by Fran the Man »

Kansas Viking wrote:Got the Chiefs Tailgate Photos uploaded this evening. The weather was great that day. Gates at other stadiums like Arrowhead don't open until 8:30 AM so everyone gets in line at the gates and starts tailgating then. It's quite a bit of fun and then there is a jail break after they open as the stadium crew herds everyone into parking spots. You can't just drive around and get a spot where you want. That's why our whole crew lined up together. That way we ended up parked next to each other at the edge of Royals stadium by Arrowhead. Nothing like a Kansas City Tailgate. Good food, great people and a fun time.

Chiefs Game Photos are up also. There are quite a few of these but I couldn't help it. Outdoor lighting like this affords some incredible stop action and close ups of players that are just not possible in the Dome. Got some stupendous shots during warm ups. I'll also say that Jackson is one impressive athlete. Great build and musculature on him. I was shocked at his size and apparent strength. He definitely has it over the other two quarterbacks. I got several photos of Holcomb getting blindsided after a McKinnie El Matador routine. Surprised he held up to that. Caught the A-10 Warthogs on the flyover during the opening. Very sweet!

Fantastic day for the game. Nothing like an outdoor experience like that. Only problem was it got pretty hot and humid. Other than that, and losing to the Chiefs it was one fun weekend.

Post will be moved to Announcements Section at the end of the week.
Great pictures, thanks for posting them.
It looks like you were down on the field?
I couldn't help but notice a couple of Mckinney getting owned by Allen.
markuskato
Starter

Post by markuskato »

:lol:

In the tailgating photos, that heavy set guy in the Holmes jersey looks hammered. Sweet pics.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: Chiefs Tailgate and Game Photos

Post by Kansas Viking »

Fran the Man wrote:
Great pictures, thanks for posting them.
It looks like you were down on the field?
I couldn't help but notice a couple of Mckinney getting owned by Allen.
I was down by the field during warmups. When standing at the rail down there you are closer to the players than you are at the Metrodome.

And yes, there are many pics I didn't post of McKinnie getting burned.
Mike

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

markuskato wrote::lol:

In the tailgating photos, that heavy set guy in the Holmes jersey looks hammered. Sweet pics.
:lol: That's one of my work buds. He actually wasn't hammered, just kicked back in the heat and enjoying the day.
Mike

jackal
Strong Safety

mike

Post by jackal »

How were the Chiefs Fans with you guys ?

It sounded like they were Booing early in the game?
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: mike

Post by Kansas Viking »

jackal wrote:How were the Chiefs Fans with you guys ?

It sounded like they were Booing early in the game?
Chief fans were great and treated us well. Never had any problem there.

Yes, they were booing early on and the stadium was not as loud as in the past. Partly because they were behind all day. But they go cranked up in the 4th quarter once they were ahead. The fans that sat around us were really great too. Good football fans and not a bunch of drunks.
Mike

vectore
Starter

Post by vectore »

I cant believe we sat as close as we did and didnt see eachother.

We were in 303, what were you 305? We had the big sign that said, "We Come From the Land of the Ice and Snow"

Just curious if you saw us?
I had an EJ Henderson white jersey with the sleeves rolled up.

Here's just a few that I took..
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

vectore wrote:I cant believe we sat as close as we did and didnt see eachother.

We were in 303, what were you 305? We had the big sign that said, "We Come From the Land of the Ice and Snow"

That's wild. We were in 301 row 36. Didn't see you that I know of, but we saw a lot of Viking fans there. Sure was warm up there too. We lost, but it was a fun day for sure. Looks like you got some good pics too.
Mike

mr6kings
Backup

Post by mr6kings »

Mike From your tailgating pictures it looks like we were set up pretty close to you. We were down closer to Kaufman Stadium. One group had 2 Viking Shelter tents set up at the edge of the lot next to several portable bldgs and there was a Hooters Tent within ogleing distance.
Mark Solie
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

mr6kings wrote:Mike From your tailgating pictures it looks like we were set up pretty close to you. We were down closer to Kaufman Stadium. One group had 2 Viking Shelter tents set up at the edge of the lot next to several portable bldgs and there was a Hooters Tent within ogleing distance.
I know where you were at. For some reason, my son and several others found the Hooters tent quite interesting. :)
Mike

PupilEater
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by PupilEater »

vectore wrote:I cant believe we sat as close as we did and didnt see eachother.

Here's just a few that I took..
From the looks of those pictures, are you sure you were sitting IN the stadium? :lol:
Wild Bill
Transition Player

Post by Wild Bill »

Some nice action shots there! What kind of camera do you have? I use Canon, a Digital Rebel xt , I have never taken it to a Pro sports event.
Wild Bill
"Sometimes We Live No Particular Way But Our Own"...Hunter,Garcia
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Wild Bill wrote:Some nice action shots there! What kind of camera do you have? I use Canon, a Digital Rebel xt , I have never taken it to a Pro sports event.
For this event I used an Olympus SP-510UZ. It's a point and shoot with a small sensor and 10x optical zoom.

I have an Olympus E-510 DSLR, but decided not to take it to an opposing stadium. I will use it extensively in the Metrodome though.
Mike