Visiting from Vancouver

Check here for Game Tickets and Tailgate happenings! Plus Travel Information for your stay during the game.

Moderator: Moderators

VanCity Viking
Waterboy

Visiting from Vancouver

Post by VanCity Viking »

Hi all, longtime Vikings fan from Vancouver. I'll be attending this years home opener against the 49ers on September 9th. My first visit to your city. We'll be spending Friday, Saturday, and Sunday there. I'm looking for suggestions for things to do on the Friday and Saturday. So far I would like to check out, and walk around one of the nearby lakes. Which one would you suggest? (Nicest and most convenient to get to)

The Bauhaus brewpub looks like a good place to get a drink and food. We're Interested in getting a locals take.

Looking for advice on some nice areas to walk around the town. We like walking, dining, photo taking,music etc.

We're staying at the Radisson downtown. Thanks and SKOL Vikings!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Visiting from Vancouver

Post by Texas Vike »

Welcome!

Have you seen this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30362

Lots of helpful info and advice there.

I'd recommend a walk around Calhoun. It's close to Uptown, which is also an interesting area to check out. A nice walk near downtown is along the river. I'd do a loop over the Stone Arch Bridge and then over the Hennepin Ave. Bridge.

Music: depends what genre you like. First Ave is a legendary place you might look into. There are others if it's not your scene.

Vancouver's a heck of a city. I used to live in Bellingham, WA and we'd head up there a lot. I hope you like MPLS. SKOL Vikings!
VanCity Viking
Waterboy

Post by VanCity Viking »

Thanks a lot Texas Vike! Great advice.
VanCity Viking
Waterboy

Post by VanCity Viking »

Is the Turf Club affiliated with First Ave? There a band playing there on the Friday night I wouldn't mind checking out.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I don't think the Turf club is affiliated with First Ave, but it might be. It's been years since I lived in MPLS. In fact, the lake I recommended (Calhoun) isn't even (officially) called that anymore. It's now Bde Maka Ska.