Monday night hotel?

Check here for Game Tickets and Tailgate happenings! Plus Travel Information for your stay during the game.

Moderator: Moderators

sonofagunder
Waterboy

Monday night hotel?

Post by sonofagunder »

Will be in town for the Monday night game vs the Saints and am looking for advice on where to stay.
Last year we stayed on Hennepin but hotel rooms are 300-400 a night in downtown Minneapolis this year.
I was wondering if I should just suck it up and pay so I can walk to the game or if I should stay in St Paul or out by the mall and save some money. Not super excited about a long train ride after having a few beers!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
S197
Fenrir

Re: Monday night hotel?

Post by S197 »

Staying at Residence Inn this year. Last year we stayed at Doubletree and took an Uber to the game. It was really easy to get to the game via Uber, going home was a much bigger challenge. We had to walk quite a ways before we could call one as it was gridlock around the stadium.
Ohjay
Veteran

Re: Monday night hotel?

Post by Ohjay »

Not sure if they still have rooms available but Days Inn by TCF Bank Stadium is a cheap alternative with easy access to downtown Mpls. The lightrail stops just outside the hotel.
The downside is that the rooms are quite dated but on the plus side you get a complimentary breakfast(it's not great tho) and the rooms seems clean(was when I stayed there at least)