Top 5 QBs all time

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Top 5 QBs all time

Post by Maelstrom88 »

With Brees breaking the record I wanted to get your guy's opinion on the top 5 all time.

Mine are Manning, Montana, Brady, Marino, Favre.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Top 5 QBs all time

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 pm With Brees breaking the record I wanted to get your guy's opinion on the top 5 all time.

Mine are Manning, Montana, Brady, Marino, Favre.
I would change Marino for Kelly but that is a good list.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

There's so much more to a great QB than passing. If that was the case Kenny Anderson, Dan marino, and warren moon would top the list. All the Modern QBs except Peyton Manning and Montana are overated because they are playing in Era where the rules erase any Defense against recievers so the Passing has drastically increased and the Numbers for qbs are super inflated. #1 Montana , #2. Unitas, #3. Manning , #4. Staubauch, #5. Otto Grahm,. Game Mgnt, Play Calling, Motivating, Will to win, toughness, leadership , excelling in Big games count as much as pasing yards, probably matters even more. Look at the Scores in Montana's Superbowls vrs Tom Bradys superbowls. Montana Excelled in big games and won by BIG margins. Most of Brady's SB wins were by 3 points
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I can only based this on people who I saw and I saw from the mid 90s. so Montana out and Marino passed his prime out. In no order. Favre, Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers