Khalil Mack headed to the Bears

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Khalil Mack headed to the Bears

Post by dead_poet »

Sounds like a deal is in place.

Ugh. Mack is a stud and will make that really good Chicago defense even better. I was really hoping he'd stay out of the NFC North. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost a game to Chicago this year.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Bears make a big move, but when will it pay off?

Post by Cliff »

The Bears seems to be going all-in with an ace-high hand. In making a massive trade for defensive end Khalil Mack, and in inevitably agreeing to the massive contract that will go along with it
Read more
Cliff
Site Admin

Stunned Raiders players take to Twitter after Khalil Mack traded to Bears

Post by Cliff »

Bruce Irvin and Derek Carr seemed kind of shocked that the Raiders traded their star defender.

Read more
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Khalil Mack headed to the Bears

Post by dead_poet »

Does Gruden, like, know what he's doing?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

It doesn't make sense. It would make so much more sense if they were close to cinte ding, but I think they are a few years away yet. They need those picks.
We'll see what happens but it seems like an awfully big risk at this point.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:26 pm Does Gruden, like, know what he's doing?
No, he doesn't.

If I were a Raiders fan, I'd be looking to run Gruden out of town on a rail. I realize Raiders' ownership is among the "poorest" in sports, but they're moving to Vegas next year. They'll be made out of money.

As a Vikings fan, I hate this. Did not want Mack in our division.

On the other hand, maybe he can use Week 1 to knock Erin Rodgers out again ... and get suspended for it. Yeah. That's the ticket.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

With our O-Line looking suspect Mack in our division two times a year stresses me out. SMH.

As for Gruden well he has 10 years to change things up then again when I think about it that's Raiders football. :v):
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Glazer just reported that the Packers were in play to acquire Mack. So glad he ended up in Chicago instead!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

He picked up a sack, a forced fumble, and an interception in his first game as a bear.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Khalil Mack has been a Chicago Bear for just over a week, and after one half of football with his new team he'd already justified the Bears' decision to send two first-round picks to the Raiders in exchange for his services.

Against the Packers on Sunday night, Mack exploded for a strip sack and a pick-six, drew a holding penalty on a third down, and created another sack for Roquan Smith ... all in the first half. Mack wasn't even supposed to play that much in his first game with his new team -- "limited" was the word used to describe his outlook -- but he's already the Bears' best player.

He straight up stole the ball from DeShone Kizer, who entered the game in relief of an injured Aaron Rodgers in the second quarter.

Read more
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

JFC this monster is in our Division now.

I remember arguing with someone on here about who was better between Barr and Mack. I was a huge Mack fan. Why did he have to go to the Bears?
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Turned out to be a good thing for the Bears