Arians won't return as Arizona coach in 2018

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Arians won't return as Arizona coach in 2018

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Re: Arians won't return as Arizona coach in 2018

Post by S197 »

Talk about a fall from grace. Someone will take a chance on him and rightly so.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Talk about a fall from grace. Someone will take a chance on him and rightly so.
I'm thinking it might be more his decision.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Is it actually confirmed? Arians denies it in the article.
Hearing reports I'm retiring. News to me. Nothing could be further from truth & 100% focused on getting back on track at SF! #birdgang
"I don't know who put that out there," Arians told Fitzsimmons. "But that's something I never think about until the end of the season. I'm just focused on being 1-0 this week."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I don't think it's confirmed. It would be strange to see him go, honestly. He's a good coach on a solid team with a quarterback problem.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: I'm thinking it might be more his decision.
You're probably right. This brings up another question. The cards are pretty much done this year, what about trading for Fitz? NFL.com places his value at a 2018 4th and 2019 5th.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: You're probably right. This brings up another question. The cards are pretty much done this year, what about trading for Fitz? NFL.com places his value at a 2018 4th and 2019 5th.
Is he that much better than Diggs/AT at this point in his career? He'd also have to learn a new playbook and chemistry with one or more new QBs. Also, Rick doesn't have a ton of picks next year as it is. I'm not sure we're a WR away from the Super Bowl. I'd love him back in Minnesota, I don't see it happening though.

How about Mathieu? :v):
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Diggs/AT is a great duo my worry is Diggs can't make it through a season. I think adding in a solid third option would be killer plus there's the mentorship aspect Fitz brings. It's certainly a luxury trade and not necessary, would just be cool to see him in purple. What pick did we lose next year, the conditional for Bradford?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Diggs/AT is a great duo my worry is Diggs can't make it through a season. I think adding in a solid third option would be killer plus there's the mentorship aspect Fitz brings. It's certainly a luxury trade and not necessary, would just be cool to see him in purple. What pick did we lose next year, the conditional for Bradford?
Yep. 4th rounder. And 7th for Brock.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Arians hasn't told the team if he will return. Cardinals eyeing candidates.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/944916550733189121