Fitzgerald

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Fitzgerald

Post by Laserman »

Are we gonna make a run at this Guy? People here have wanted this guy for a while Now. Here's our chance. I think the price would Include AD. I don't see anything else enticing to offer. Not sure I would want to make this move. How old is Fitz now?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Fitzgerald

Post by Purple bruise »

I am not sure that we need a whole topic dedicated to Fitz (there exists a free agent/draft topic already) but I would not mind having him. IMO I would never consider trading/ giving up AD for him.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i'm quite certain he said he will never leave arizona.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

If he is willing to come here, sure. I don't know what his price would be...

If you mean we should trade AD, that would be stupid. But a draft pick or two would be ok with me.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mosscarter wrote:i'm quite certain he said he will never leave arizona.
Don't know about that.

Amazingly enough, Fitzgerald has almost become an afterthought in Arizona. Fewest targets of his career this year. Fewest touchdowns. Second-fewest receptions. Second-fewest yards.

And it's not just this year. Ever since Warner hung 'em up, his numbers have fallen dramatically. It's not a problem with Fitz. It's a problem with all the lame quarterbacks throwing to him, and it's not going to get better.

At first glance, the impediment to him leaving would seem to be his contract. He's owed $16.25 million total cash in 2015 and a $23 million cap hit. However, this is the first year that Arizona can actually save cap room by cutting him. With Michael Floyd and John Brown representing the Cardinals' future, it's conceivable the Cards could release him.

The question for the Vikings would then be whether they would want to carry two 32-year-old, high-priced WRs. But as for Fitz leaving Arizona, while not necessarily a probability, it's a definite possibility.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

We are 2-3 years out from super bowl contention. Why would we pick up a player who will be over the hill at that point?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I hope not. Already over paid one 30+ year old WR. Don't need another past his prime vet who struggles to get separation. We need to build for the future, not the next couple years before they're totally shot!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:The question for the Vikings would then be whether they would want to carry two 32-year-old, high-priced WRs.
My answer is no. It would shock me if he was in Purple.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

He can like vacationing in Minnesota all he wants, that doesn't mean he wants to finish his career here or will get paid like he could elsewhere. I'm on record saying it won't happen. I just don't think it makes a lot of sense for the franchise at this time. He's a complimentary, possession receiver at this point. Five years ago I'd probably be much more on board. Now, I'd rather devote those dollars to a younger guy like Iupati to help solidify the offensive line for the next four years. Fitz will be 32 and looking to go to a contender like New England and maybe has 2-3 more Greg Jennings-like seasons left in him (though he'd obviously benefit going to a more pass-first offense with an established QB).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Always wanted Fitz here, but now, it just doesn't seem realistic. Unless Minnesota has had enough with Greg (which, I doubt), Fitz isn't coming here.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I would literally leap for joy and dance a little jig, if we could get Fitz here and Jennings traded. Anything Greg can do, Fitz can do better. Hes got a solid 5 years left as an elite WR in the NFL. I just love Fititzes catches. He never gives up, reminds me of CC so much, with just as good of hands. And letting the overpaid ex-Packer go, would put a smile on my face as well. But if we tried to trade Greg, most I can see us getting for him, would be an unsalted bag if peanuts.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

He owns a home, down the road from Vikings HQ...

I don't know that he is worth the salary he would demand either, to be honest.
If he wanted to be here for a decent salary I would be thrilled to have him. Chances are
some team will pay him based off of his previous seasons.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

He never went to a Florida school, college, or made the roster on one of there nfl teams, doubt he is on spielmans radar.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

joe h wrote:He never went to a Florida school, college, or made the roster on one of there nfl teams, doubt he is on spielmans radar.
What does this mean :?
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.