NFL pushes back trade deadline

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

NFL pushes back trade deadline

Post by dead_poet »

The NFL has pushed the trading deadline back to the Tuesday after the eighth week of the season.

It's a much-needed change. Previously, the deadline was the Tuesday following Week 6, not giving teams enough time to decide if they're buyers or sellers. The extra two weeks has the potential to generate more trades. Also, the league announced that there will be a new "injured reserve exception" going forward. One player per team will be allowed to come off IR at some point later in the season.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: NFL pushes back trade deadline

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:The NFL has pushed the trading deadline back to the Tuesday after the eighth week of the season.

It's a much-needed change. Previously, the deadline was the Tuesday following Week 6, not giving teams enough time to decide if they're buyers or sellers. The extra two weeks has the potential to generate more trades. Also, the league announced that there will be a new "injured reserve exception" going forward. One player per team will be allowed to come off IR at some point later in the season.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
These are the kind of rule changes I can get behind! I like both of them.