Shipley Waived

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Shipley Waived

Post by Juice »

The Bengals waived Shipley, their 2010 third-round draft pick, they announced today.

Shipley showed a lot of promise as a rookie, catching 52 passes for 600 yards and three touchdowns. But he suffered a torn ACL in Week Two of last season, and 11 months later his knee is still bothering him. Shipley has played in both of the Bengals’ preseason games but caught just one pass for four yards.

If a receiver-needy team wants Shipley, he’ll be available on waivers. If he can get back to full speed, he could be a good young addition to some team’s receiving corps.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-shipley/
Do you think he's worth a look?
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Shipley Waived

Post by Purple bruise »

Juice wrote: Do you think he's worth a look?
No. I think that when Simspon returns from his suspension they are set at WR unless some great deal presents itself.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I'd take Shipley if he's ever back to 100% over any non-Harvin/Simpson receiver. That's for sure. And with Harvin's contract issues, and Simpson on a one year deal. If we have the room or can do something with him that won't impact the roster badly I wouldn't mind if they brought him in.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

If Shipley was that good and had a knee injury only they would not be giving up on their 3rd round pick so easily. Believe it or not these coaches and GMs know a lot more than we do.
Take this to the bank, Jenkins fills in nicely as a #3 and will have a very good year (JUST LIKE PONDER).
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Signed by TB
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly