Saints investigated for "Bounty Program"

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Re: Saints investigated for "Bounty Program"

Post by Laserman »

sure hope more suspensions are coming for those crappy saints
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I was hoping for a lot more suspensions .. how do you go from 27 to only getting slapped

the other 23 ? so its okay for them to hurt people ??
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Players, NFL disagree on context of bounty email
Ornstein's email is just another example of the speciousness of the quote-unquote evidence that Commissioner (Roger) Goodell claims to have to support his erroneous accusations against Jonathan and the other players," lawyer Peter Ginsberg said. "As more of the evidence is revealed in the media, it is becoming more and more apparent how irresponsible the NFL's actions have been

More info in the USA Today Article
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Let's bring on the lawyer talk and get these animals off!

Hope the NFL doesn't budge an inch. It was clear at the time, and it's clear now exactly what they were doing. The idea the NFL needs what, phone recordings of specific bounties being placed? what a joke.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Demi wrote:Let's bring on the lawyer talk and get these animals off!

Hope the NFL doesn't budge an inch. It was clear at the time, and it's clear now exactly what they were doing. The idea the NFL needs what, phone recordings of specific bounties being placed? what a joke.
I think the mere fact they are getting e-mails from a prison inmate says alot. I just find it amazing that lawyers can assert things like this with a straight face. Later in the article it says:
The NFL has suspended Williams indefinitely. Williams, now with St. Louis, has apologized publicly for running a pay-for-performance program that he knew was wrong.
(Added emphasis was mine) - I suppose the lawyers will assert Williams is lying/was intimidated by the NFL or some other such nonsense....
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i dont like sheriff goodell. but the saints had this coming imo.
:lmao:
odinspeak
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by odinspeak »

I just love all the comments on ESPN and Fox articles regarding how horrible Goodell is...He is a mouth piece for the owners...Does anyone really think he is doing this without the owners approval...
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

NextQuestion wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... efamation/

Vilma suing goodell! WOW!
I could see this backfiring. The NFL isn't a court of law, so it's not required to present all evidence it has. It's quite possible that the league has a mountain of evidence against Vilma that would come out in a court case.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

That's what I was thinking. If they do have the evidence and reveal it publicly, Vilma is going to look worse than he already does. As seen with some other issues, the constant lying can get people more pissed off then the actual issue.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i'm sure goodell has the evidence. he's not a stupid guy. i'm sure he has all his ducks in a row. :smilevike:
diehardtwinsfan
Practice Squad

Post by diehardtwinsfan »

hibbingviking wrote:i'm sure goodell has the evidence. he's not a stupid guy. i'm sure he has all his ducks in a row. :smilevike:
I would hope this is the case, but there is a huge lack of due process in all of this (yes I get it doesn't apply here). Goodel is the investigator, judge and jury here. Heaven forbid he made a mistake. I'm going to assume he wouldnt make this up (as it would be incredibly stupid to do), but I have a tougher time believing that he made no mistakes on this. The problem is that the evidence needs to come out, and I suspect they are hiding this because of "integrity of the game issues."

It's the same reason (I'm guessing) as to why all of the spygate evidence was destroyed... The fans would be upset knowing the Patriots cheated during the superbowl, especially in the games that were won by close margins.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Report: Saints kept bounty ledger
The NFL has a copy of a ledger detailing weekly earnings for players in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

Yahoo! Sports, citing two sources with knowledge of the NFL's evidence, reports the ledger showed payments of $1,000 for cart-offs, $400 for whacks -- also known as hard hits -- and $100 deductions for mental errors. According to the report, Saints players were told on a week-by-week basis of their performance.

Just when you think these morons couldn't get any stupider. The entire team shuold be banned for the upcoming season. I hope another hurricane destroys the Superdome and the entire city.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Saints investigated for "Bounty Program"

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I hope another hurricane destroys the Superdome and the entire city.
Seems harsh.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Saints investigated for

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Seems harsh.

Well, just the Saints and their fans :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018