Harvin traded to Jets

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Harvin traded to Jets

Post by fiestavike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:IDC. I am still a Harvin fan. The guy is an explosive player. I think he will work out well in New York. There will obviously be an adjustment period, but I fully expect him to return to form.

It sounds as though Harvin has something wrong mentally. He almost sounds like Brandon Marshall in that he displays signs of Borderline personality. He could just be overly aggressive. I think it might be time for someone to intervene and help get him to a psychologist.

At the end of the day, I am glad we have Cordarrelle Patterson, but Harvin was a force. He still hasn't fully reached his potential. I wish him well and hope he gets some help.
I hope he gets some help too. He clearly has some serious issues that are going to continue to make his life--especially his post football life--really difficult for him to manage. Hoping he can turn it around.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

wow, 6th rd pick. Could become a 4th. Seattle just wanted him out of the building.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:wow, 6th rd pick. Could become a 4th. Seattle just wanted him out of the building.
Clearly...
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-sunday/

"As the shocking trade of Percy Harvin to the Jets continues to dominate the NFL news cycle, reports from Seattle indicate that the Seahawks simply decided they couldn’t tolerate Harvin’s misbehavior, which included multiple fights with teammates and a refusal to play late in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys"
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-sunday/

"As the shocking trade of Percy Harvin to the Jets continues to dominate the NFL news cycle, reports from Seattle indicate that the Seahawks simply decided they couldn’t tolerate Harvin’s misbehavior, which included multiple fights with teammates and a refusal to play late in Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys"
Harvin is obviously a prima donna. People tried to use his dissatisfaction with the Vikes during a season in which they made a run into the playoffs as some sort of indictment of Ponder or Frazier (heck, some are still at it) but he was traded to the best team in football, won a Super Bowl and it's still all about him. It was always all about him.

As others have said, hopefully he'll get some help, get his act together and make the most of his talent because right now, he's just earning a rep as a locker room cancer.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: Harvin is obviously a prima donna. People tried to use his dissatisfaction with the Vikes during a season in which they made a run into the playoffs as some sort of indictment of Ponder or Frazier (heck, some are still at it) but he was traded to the best team in football, won a Super Bowl and it's still all about him. It was always all about him.

As others have said, hopefully he'll get some help, get his act together and make the most of his talent because right now, he's just earning a rep as a locker room cancer.
"When the initial Harvin trade was made. . .and, given what John Schneider got in return for Harvin, how much of a genius does Rick Spielman look like right now. . .there were many people that tried to frame it as the Vikings "choosing" Ponder and Frazier over Harvin. But, as the Seahawks found out, that's not the case. The Vikings "chose" the Minnesota Vikings over a whining, pouting malcontent that thought he was bigger than the Minnesota Vikings, just the way he's thought he was bigger and more important than every team he's played on going back to high school. The Seahawks belatedly, and expensively, wound up choosing the same thing."
As I said, what a tool :roll:
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/10/18 ... rvin-trade

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

when we trade Harvin I Said both Harvin and Rice were hop heads and would both be out of the NFL within 3 years. Well Rice retired and now Terrible percy is traded again cause he can't get along. I have 2 seasons to go but harvin will quit too. He's a problem child troublemaker, no surprise to me he got traded
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Purple bruise wrote:Waiting to hear how Ponder was/is somehow blamed for Seattle dumping him :lol:

Wow this Ponder love never ends with you. Do You Love him? It's Just like That Guy's man love for Bernard Berrian
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Laserman wrote:
Wow this Ponder love never ends with you. Do You Love him? It's Just like That Guy's man love for Bernard Berrian
I like and respect Ponder, and while he has PLENTY of faults on the football field, I don't see why its necessary to manufacture criticisms of him that have no basis in reality, as has often been done, such as blaming him for Harvin wanting to leave. The guy (Ponder) will probably be out of football within 2 years and wind up calling college football games or something. Give him a break.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Laserman wrote:
There is a handy foe button if it bothers you enough to comment/complain about it.

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Further info about Harvin and his time in Seattle;

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... tate-fight
"Something did go on at the Super Bowl that a lot of fans don't know about," Robinson said. "There was an altercation in the locker room between Percy Harvin and Golden Tate. It saddens me because I was a leader on that team and to know that this information got out -- usually Pete Carroll-coached teams, this type of thing stays in-house. There was an issue, I physically broke it up, I was there, you would have to ask those guys what they were arguing about, I'm not at liberty to talk about it."
It also in part explains why the Seahawks were so eager to jettison a player they gave up multiple draft picks for and gave a big contract to, but got back merely a conditional sixth-rounder for in the trade.
That's the first time I saw anything about it only being a 6th rounder? I heard 2nd-4th rounder, I thought.
But the Golden Tate situation isn't the only one to come out of Seattle. Wide receiver Doug Baldwin also acknowledged an altercation involving Harvin and himself, per NFL Media's Steve Wyche. When asked if such incidents could have eventually been smoothed over and the team could have continued with Harvin, Baldwin said it was Carroll's and management's decision to trade Harvin.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yep reports of Locker room fights and other team destroying behavior coming out ...

Another amazing talented wide out that can't figure out how blessed is and is a total A hole :nono:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I don't believe any of it! Media fabrications!

Remember how bad Spielman wanted the guy, along with the wide receiver coach, and others on the staff/front office, and Childress had to be convinced to the extent of traveling down there and going for a ride with him? I ripped Childress a new one for not going along with it sooner, man was I wrong about that one! What a clown this guy is. Long past blaming concussions, Harvin is clearly mentally ill. Guess Childress was on to something!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Demi wrote:I don't believe any of it! Media fabrications!

Remember how bad Spielman wanted the guy, along with the wide receiver coach, and others on the staff/front office, and Childress had to be convinced to the extent of traveling down there and going for a ride with him? I ripped Childress a new one for not going along with it sooner, man was I wrong about that one! What a clown this guy is. Long past blaming concussions, Harvin is clearly mentally ill. Guess Childress was on to something!
Childress had just finished dealing with TO in Philadelphia and probably wanted no part of a diva WR with a personality disorder.

So far, its one thing that is refreshing about Patterson. He seems like more of a team player to this point.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

chicagopurple wrote:We shouldn't be TOOO smug here in Viking -land, Its hard to argue that WE have a WR any better then Percy, even WITH all his warts.
Patterson is still learning, we will be happy with this in a couple years.
This space available for rent.