VMB Fantasy Football League 2019

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: VMB Fantasy Football League 2019

Post by Dames »

Cliff wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:10 pm So, here's the deal. First, I'm so sorry about how all that went down. Unfortunately HardcareVikesFan dropped out at the zero hour and kind of threw things a bit.

First, I tried to have all 14 teams but then the last team couldn't join because someone from last year hadn't renewed. Whatever that means. Whatever team it was wasn't listed.

So, I kicked you and one other new person (last in, first out) before the draft because I didn't have a choice. However, then I couldn't drop the teams back down to 12. I kept getting an error that I couldn't drop the teams down past 13 because of the same thing ... a player from last year hadn't renewed.

While I was trying to fix that the 13th player rejoined and so now we've got an odd number of teams and one led by a "managerless team".

So here's my proposition. I know it kind of sucks, but if you want I can make it so you can take over the managerless team. If you're ok with the auto-draft results, that is. If not, that's cool.

So sorry about what happened ... it all kind of went down last minute.
Oh man. That sounds like a commissioner's nightmare :lol: It's completely fine! Sometimes those last minute changes make it really difficult.

I can take over the team this year if everyone in the league wants. It might be better for someone to manage it, and it might be an interesting challenge to fix an autodrafted team. Either way, no problem.

Meanwhile I keep getting alerts on my phone stating that it's my turn to draft in a league I'm not even in. :rofl: It's like it's taunting me.

This will probably be better for me. We have company at my house, and trying to draft at the same time has it's own set of challenges.

Thanks for the explanation. I figured there was a good reason
Damian
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Dames wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:25 pm Oh man. That sounds like a commissioner's nightmare :lol: It's completely fine! Sometimes those last minute changes make it really difficult.

I can take over the team this year if everyone in the league wants. It might be better for someone to manage it, and it might be an interesting challenge to fix an autodrafted team. Either way, no problem.

Meanwhile I keep getting alerts on my phone stating that it's my turn to draft in a league I'm not even in. :rofl: It's like it's taunting me.

This will probably be better for me. We have company at my house, and trying to draft at the same time has it's own set of challenges.

Thanks for the explanation. I figured there was a good reason
Hey Dames your comment about still getting alerts when it's your turn to draft is hilarious.

I will say that you should take over the team because I didn't draft last year and I still won the whole league at the end. My first pick was Leveon Bell and I had him on my team for many weeks. I've also played in other leagues over 12 years where I didn't draft and still won. Just got to make smart risky decisions and you will be find so please join.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Heh, another auto-draft team is in the final. My core team turned out very solid. Not particularly how I would have drafted, but it was nice have a different team than my other leagues. We'll see how it goes this weekend, but it's been quite a good year.

It's interesting that the top 2 teams are in the championship game. It's often one or both get knocked out early in the playoffs.

Man, this league is thin for RB on the waiver wire. Had some injuries that were hard to overcome.

Thanks for having me guys!
Damian