Keeper question

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Keeper question

Post by dead_poet »

Can possibly keep 2 between:

Doug Martin
Brandon Marshall
Arian Foster
Julio Jones

0.5 PPR. 12-team league.

Martin is obvious. Not sure about the other. Foster would be a no-brainer most years, but has the injury and possible time-share with Tate that's making me nervous. My pick is #8. I'm still leaning towards Foster.

Thoughts?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Re: Keeper question

Post by S197 »

Wow that's a tough one. Last year in my PPR I won by putting more emphasis on WR's than RB's, with guys like Marshall who catch a ton of passes but we got 1 point per reception so it was a little more skewed. I think I agree on the gamble with Foster with Jones being second choice.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I would go Martin & Jones. I don't care how good Foster is, I think there's too many red flags to invest in him for the future. There's too much uncertainty in Chicago for me to keep Marshall. He is very good though. Jones has quickly become one of the top WRs in the game and will be considered top 3 very soon. I'd hang onto him
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Ended up only keeping one. Martin was the clear choice.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

What determines the amount of keepers?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:What determines the amount of keepers?
In this case it was a league vote.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Would you trade McCoy for Martin? 0.5 PPR?
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

dead_poet wrote:Would you trade McCoy for Martin? 0.5 PPR?
Kind of a wash at this point isn't it? McCoy might be more productive, but has had his eggs scrambled before. Martin could be a beast too. .5 ppr I would even own Morris, in fact I was forced to draft Morris in a full 1 ppr. But that was because I didn't notice the clock was 30 secs, and I was reading about Brandon Marshalls hip issues, came back it took Morris.

Missed out on the top 5 ppr WRs :wallbang: Good thing I took Boldin it seems.
This space available for rent.