Money league question

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Money league question

Post by dead_poet »

PPR. I got royally fuc*ed with my QB (a couple of guys before me took a SECOND QB before I had my first, which I did not see coming), but otherwise I'm liking the way this turned out. Garcon and Murray are a couple of injury risks, and I was screwed last season by not having handcuffs to a couple of guys. I rectified that this year. I love having deep benches.

I'm hoping my strength in other areas can make up for the weakness at QB, though I'm thinking I need to make a move to improve my QB situation with a trade. Targeting Colin K. or Luck. Possibly offering up Brown or Murray. Thoughts?

QB Michael Vick
RB Doug Martin
RB Reggie Bush
RB/WR DeMarco Murray
WR A.J. Green
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Jimmy Graham

D/ST Texans

K Sebastian Janikowski

Bench

Antonio Brown
Cecil Shorts
Greg Jennings
Bernard Pierce
Jordan Cameron
Joique Bell
Roy Helu
Phillip Tanner
Sam Bradford
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Money league question

Post by PurpleHalo »

What round did you take Vick in? And what round did you take Houstons DST? Vick sucks, but he could have numbers by pure volume in that ridiculous offense the eagles will run, as long as your league doesn't penalize too heavily for INTs you could be okay.

I don't think anyone would trade you a QB any better for Brown or Murray, unless they had brutal RB issues. But that would leave you in a hole as far as bench RBs.

You might be better off standing pat, hoping that Murray has a good season in your flex, but you will have some bye issues.
This space available for rent.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleHalo wrote:What round did you take Vick in?
10th round. Colin Kaepernick went one pick before me in round 7 (dude already had Brady and you can only play one QB/week so I thought for sure he wouldn't pick him). Luck went in round 8 to a guy that already had Newton.
And what round did you take Houstons DST?
12th round
Vick sucks, but he could have numbers by pure volume in that ridiculous offense the eagles will run, as long as your league doesn't penalize too heavily for INTs you could be okay.
I'm holding out hope for Chip's offense and Vick's ability to play in it. 75 offensive plays/game in the preseason (tops in the league) and Vick has shown well with 456 total yards and two touchdowns in not quite four total preseason quarters. The Eagles have their offensive line back and a crappy defense. I'm hoping this all translates into Vick production (losing Maclin hurt). My biggest fear is a run-based scheme and Vick's injury history. But either way I slice it, it's not an ideal situation for me and I'm hoping my great equalizer will be Jimmy Graham. I like Vick's ceiling, though.
I don't think anyone would trade you a QB any better for Brown or Murray, unless they had brutal RB issues.
Dude with Kap has Brady as his #1 QB with the following RBs: Ray Rice, Eddie Lacy, Chris Ivory, Rashard Mendenhall. Serviceable, but not great. Dude with Luck has decent RBs (Richardson, McCoy, Chris Johnson) but relatively weak WRs (Bowe, Nelson, DeSean Jackson)
But that would leave you in a hole as far as bench RBs.
That's true. I have some valuable handcuffs, though, and I might just play the waiting game and see if I can luck out with an injury to someone with a better backup than my starter and cash in on their desperation. Because, really, when you only play 1 QB your second is pretty useless save for one bye week and insurance I suppose.
You might be better off standing pat, hoping that Murray has a good season in your flex, but you will have some bye issues.
Yeah, that's probably what I'll do and hope my strength at RB, WR and TE can help make up the ground I'll lose at QB.

Edit: Although, I have one of the better handcuffs to Ray Rice (dude that has Colin). I wonder if I could package, say, Pierce and Cameron (he has Gronk/Bennett as his TEs) or Pierce and Brown for Kap. As luck would have it (for me), he also has Brandon Marshall, and there's been some buzz going around that there's some problem with his hip. He might bite.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

I wonder if those rumors were started by the 49ers....
This space available for rent.