Draft Talk 2018

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

cmoss84
Veteran

Re: Draft Talk 2018

Post by cmoss84 »

I really think the only way we don't trade out of the 1st is if someone falls that we REALLY like. Moving back 5-7 spots will get us some nice extra picks. So if we end up keeping our pick, they must be really high on whoever they take (or just really high).
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Ugh.

WR Antonio Callaway tested positive for marijuana at the combine.

Enjoy you're undrafted status you incredibly talented idiot.

Edit: apparently the test was "diluted" which caused the test to be deemed a failure. He says he was "over hydrated"
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I'm going to guess that the Vikings will trade out of the first, pick up a 4th and a 7th.

Positions I think they'll target, OL, RB, TE, DE, CB.

OL is immediate need, Only one RB under contract next year, and he's coming off a knee injury. TE needs depth plus Rudolph a cap question, DE rotation always valuable, Robison gone next year, either Hunter/Griffen could be gone next year, CB I don't think Waynes is tempermentally a fit for this team, he's the most likely of the top young prospects to be released (plus he should net a good compensatory pick)

Positions they won't target, QB, WR.

No room on the roster for another QB and being stuck with 3 plus million in Treadwell's deal, plus needing to resign Diggs, they'll go rent a WR for the next couple years if longshots like Coley and Zylstra don't pan out.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'd add DT, and put it as a need right under OL. Right now our backup to Linval is Dylan Bradley. Bradley weighs something like 265lbs. Hopefully Jaleel Johnson steps up but his knock has been he struggles in run defense. If we sign all our pending big FA's, I don't see how we can hang onto Sheldon Richardson. So both from a depth perspective and looking to 2019, I think we need another solid DT. That's part of the reason I was baffled they didn't bring back Stephen.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:I'd add DT, and put it as a need right under OL. Right now our backup to Linval is Dylan Bradley. Bradley weighs something like 265lbs. Hopefully Jaleel Johnson steps up but his knock has been he struggles in run defense. If we sign all our pending big FA's, I don't see how we can hang onto Sheldon Richardson. So both from a depth perspective and looking to 2019, I think we need another solid DT. That's part of the reason I was baffled they didn't bring back Stephen.

Totally agree that OL and then DL are our top priorities, though a CB would not completely surprise me either.

I agree that WR is not a likely target for RD 1, but it wouldn't surprise me to see us draft one in round 3 to 7.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote:I'd add DT, and put it as a need right under OL. Right now our backup to Linval is Dylan Bradley. Bradley weighs something like 265lbs. Hopefully Jaleel Johnson steps up but his knock has been he struggles in run defense. If we sign all our pending big FA's, I don't see how we can hang onto Sheldon Richardson. So both from a depth perspective and looking to 2019, I think we need another solid DT. That's part of the reason I was baffled they didn't bring back Stephen.
Good point. DT is a major need next year, and a moderate/high need (due to depth) in 2018.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins