2018 Vikings draft prospects

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Laserman
Hall of Famer

Re: 2018 Vikings draft prospects

Post by Laserman »

We need to draft the Best Def tackle we can. We need Pressure up the middle
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

Laserman wrote:We need to draft the Best Def tackle we can. We need Pressure up the middle

any thoughts on Taven Bryant ?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

G/C Billy Price had successful pec surgery today (incomplete tear during combine). Recovery: 4 months. Should be ready for training camp.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Hard to argue going O-line or D-line in 1st round. But if one of the 4 or 5 top QB prospects slides into the 20's...do you make a trade to go get him? Do you take QB with our own pick in 1st?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

cmoss84 wrote:Hard to argue going O-line or D-line in 1st round. But if one of the 4 or 5 top QB prospects slides into the 20's...do you make a trade to go get him? Do you take QB with our own pick in 1st?
Boy that's a good question. I would probably trade the pick for more picks.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Remmers is not good at RG. I dont know why some of you think he is. He s a decent RT and can improve if we leave him there and draft a GUARD. Or one of these multi skilled players that can play C/G/OT, and are equally talented to play 2 of those positions. And Im not 100% sold on Reiff getting us to the level we have to be on to get to the SB in the next few years.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

cmoss84 wrote:Hard to argue going O-line or D-line in 1st round. But if one of the 4 or 5 top QB prospects slides into the 20's...do you make a trade to go get him? Do you take QB with our own pick in 1st?
I would. But the Vikings havent gotten a CLUE how to develop a QB in so long. Was Pep that last, and his main claim to fame was no matter how hard he threw the ball, The HoFer Moss could run it down and make a spectacular catch.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I want to add Kalen Ballage to this list of prospects. The guy has explosive physicallity and uses it to hit the open field or punish tacklers. I think he could be the kind of guy to wear down a defense, but he also had big play ability with his speed and quickness.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

ocampo82 wrote:
Laserman wrote:We need to draft the Best Def tackle we can. We need Pressure up the middle

any thoughts on Taven Bryant ?
Looks like we just address this need signing Richardson from Seattle DL. Need to draft more OL and DL
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Wisconsin LB Jack Cichy has a private workout scheduled with the Vikings
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

dead_poet wrote:G/C Billy Price had successful pec surgery today (incomplete tear during combine). Recovery: 4 months. Should be ready for training camp.
Price probably drops into the 2nd because of this, which means he should be there at #30, but Spielman could probably work some magic to grab a good prospect at another position in the 1st and then move up to grab Price in the 2nd if he really likes him.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Hello fellow Vikings fans. Googled you guys a few weeks ago, been lurking and finally decided to see if I could join you guys. Thanks for letting in.

Anyway, what do you guys think about grabbing CB Isiah Oliver from Colorado at 30? I know the team has some excellent CB talent already, but Xavier Rhodes got hurt a lot at the end of the season. And I am of the old adage that you can never have enough good DBs.

Here is Brett Kollmann's analysis of Isiah Olivier. Kollmann is IMHO, one the best amateur Football talent analysis out there. How this guy isn't on some NFL scout team I'll never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_stSvqc4gMk
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!