BPA tested

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

BPA tested

Post by jackal »

I know Slick Rick is a great gambler and has had some real great drafts...

I am wondering if the OL has been ignored or misjudged so badly that we should
focus primarily on that alone in next years draft.

Kalil was better this season, but IMO not a good starter in consistent games.

Loadholt has missed a lot of games in two seasons now ?

Sullivan missed the majority of this season

Fusco does not appear to be the same player, since the move from RG to LG

Harris is borderline IMO as an NFL starter

Clemmings could be a viable option in a few seasons, but got thrown into fire a little early due to Loadholt injury

Berger is old NFL backup IMO

The two OL we drafted this season I have no idea about ? Easton and Cirles(sp)
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: BPA tested

Post by The Breeze »

I don't want it to be a sole focus...but I would like them to do something similar to what Jerry Jones did a coupla drafts ago.
I like Sullivan...but the fact is he misses a lot of games due to injuries. This latest back situation is not good at all. I really wouldn't flinch if they took the best center in the first round and had him play guard until Sully is done....or if possible have sully move to guard and put Fusco back where he's comfortable (assuming that's all his issue is)
Kalil has played adequate this year IMO...yea he whiffed on Freeney in AZ, but that's the nature of the game sometimes too.
A swing tackle would be nice to have...one that could be counted on that is. I'm holding my breath on Phil.
Otherwise safety (if Harris isn't it), stud wideout, and that LB in the middle ....I don't care if it's draft or FA.
ohh and a legit prospect at QB...if they don't think Hienecke is starter material. I think this team is proving it's worth investing in a serious backup for Teddy now. Not some project behind a washed up vet.
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

The Breeze wrote:I don't want it to be a sole focus...but I would like them to do something similar to what Jerry Jones did a coupla drafts ago.
I like Sullivan...but the fact is he misses a lot of games due to injuries. This latest back situation is not good at all. I really wouldn't flinch if they took the best center in the first round and had him play guard until Sully is done....or if possible have sully move to guard and put Fusco back where he's comfortable (assuming that's all his issue is)
Kalil has played adequate this year IMO...yea he whiffed on Freeney in AZ, but that's the nature of the game sometimes too.
A swing tackle would be nice to have...one that could be counted on that is. I'm holding my breath on Phil.
Otherwise safety (if Harris isn't it), stud wideout, and that LB in the middle ....I don't care if it's draft or FA.
ohh and a legit prospect at QB...if they don't think Hienecke is starter material. I think this team is proving it's worth investing in a serious backup for Teddy now. Not some project behind a washed up vet.
I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think LB is a priority at all. We spend so much time in today's NFL in the nickle/dime that we should be good with Barr and Kendricks. If we get great value on a LB sure, but I don't think we are looking to draft a starter at the position.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

kurtkeoki wrote: I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think LB is a priority at all. We spend so much time in today's NFL in the nickle/dime that we should be good with Barr and Kendricks. If we get great value on a LB sure, but I don't think we are looking to draft a starter at the position.
That's a fair point. In fact it may be more prudent to pick another DB after a safety.