Front 7 Prospect Rankings 2016 Draft

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Front 7 Prospect Rankings 2016 Draft

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Front 7 Prospect Rankings 2016 Draft

Post by fiestavike »

Wow, I love some of the names in there!

A'Shawn Robinson ("He looks like A'Shawn"!)

DeForrest Buckner! (His father may have been a logger).

Jihad Ward (wait...what?)

Kentrell Brothers (One of my favorite bluegrass bands!)

Scooby Wright (Zoinks Scoob!)
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Kentrell Brothers - LB - Tigers

Missouri senior LB Kentrell Brothers leads all defensive players with 63 stops and "might be the most underrated linebacker in the country," per PFF's Ryan Jenson.

"He does it all," Jenson wrote. "He has a positive grade for pass rushing, pass coverage and run defense. He leads the nation in tackles and quarterbacks have an NFL-style rating of 59.6 when he is targeted." As for Brothers' 63 stops (which means a tackle that constitutes an offensive failure), only 12 players had more than that over the entire 2014 season. "High tackle totals can be misleading because they don’t take into account where on the field the tackle happened and what the situation was," Jenson wrote. "Our analysts are able to identify tackles that disrupt what the offense is trying to do and label them a stop." Brothers is graded by PFF as the No. 2 linebacker in the FBS at +28.2.
Source: Pro Football Focus
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Nassib sounds like a Zimmer guy.

Carl Nassib - DL - Nittany Lions

Penn State redshirt senior DE Carl Nassib broke the school's single-season sack record on Saturday against Northwestern.

He's up to 15.5 sacks on the season. It's a tremendous achievement considering that players like Tamba Hali, LaVar Arrington and Courtney Brown have come from Happy Valley. "Nassib is built like Jared Allen was when he was first entering the league," NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah wrote. "He's 6-foot-7, 272 pounds, and scouts timed him at 4.71 in the 40 in the spring. Those are pretty good measurables. He's a first-year starter, and his Brother is Giants QB Ryan Nassib. Carl flashed some speed to power on Saturday and is a very interesting prospect."
Source: NFL.com

---
Austin Johnson - DL - Nittany Lions
Penn State redshirt junior DT Austin Johnson is "an outstanding run defender who can stack blocks," notes NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

"He can make plays laterally, too, and is very productive," Jeremiah wrote. "There were a dozen or so NFL personnel men at the game, and there was a lot of chatter about Johnson in the press box." Sports on Earth's Matt Brown ranked the 325-pound Johnson as the No. 18 defensive tackle in the country prior to the season.
Source: NFL.com
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I am not sure how much contract years we have, but you know Floyd and Joseph are going to cost big time,
if they keep playing like this..

Robison is about done ..Tratou might be our next starter at DE or Hunter ? but I would say
Tratou has the inside ####.. Crighton is looking like a depth guy at DE
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:I am not sure how much contract years we have, but you know Floyd and Joseph are going to cost big time,
if they keep playing like this..
Joseph is signed through 2018, when he'll be 30. Floyd is signed through 2016 but will need to stay on the field and continue to produce to get a big payday.
Robison is about done ..Tratou might be our next starter at DE or Hunter ? but I would say
Tratou has the inside ####.. Crighton is looking like a depth guy at DE
When Robison is done (signed through 2017, his age 34 season), he'll cede to either Crichton or Hunter (probably Hunter). Robison may start to get his snaps dialed back as soon as next season. Trattou (27) is a rotational/depth guy.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: Joseph is signed through 2018, when he'll be 30. Floyd is signed through 2016 but will need to stay on the field and continue to produce to get a big payday.
When Robison is done (signed through 2017, his age 34 season), he'll cede to either Crichton or Hunter (probably Hunter). Robison may start to get his snaps dialed back as soon as next season. Trattou (27) is a rotational/depth guy.
Chrichton hasn't done much yet and Hunter's still playing slow. Both are young and I'm not worried about them, but I wouldn't rule out Trattou as a future starter. They're all prospects. 1, 3, or none of them could pan out in the end. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

The Vikings have never taken a Mizzou player, so i really want them to take Brothers. Plus he is a beast and we could have the best LB core in the NFL with Barr, Kendricks, and him. Look for him in the 2nd round. I would rather us take a O-line men in the first round and a safety in the 3rd.
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eliot wrote:The Vikings have never taken a Mizzou player, so i really want them to take Brothers. Plus he is a beast and we could have the best LB core in the NFL with Barr, Kendricks, and him. Look for him in the 2nd round. I would rather us take a O-line men in the first round and a safety in the 3rd.
Seems like a stud.
Missouri senior LB Kentrell Brothers leads all defensive players with 63 stops and "might be the most underrated linebacker in the country," per PFF's Ryan Jenson.
"He does it all," Jenson wrote. "He has a positive grade for pass rushing, pass coverage and run defense. He leads the nation in tackles and quarterbacks have an NFL-style rating of 59.6 when he is targeted." As for Brothers' 63 stops (which means a tackle that constitutes an offensive failure), only 12 players had more than that over the entire 2014 season. "High tackle totals can be misleading because they don’t take into account where on the field the tackle happened and what the situation was," Jenson wrote. "Our analysts are able to identify tackles that disrupt what the offense is trying to do and label them a stop." Brothers is graded by PFF as the No. 2 linebacker in the FBS at +28.2. Nov 11 - 7:27 PM
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: Seems like a stud.
I wonder how the Mizzou stuff will affect draft prospects for those players. I could see some teams just wanting to steer clear.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Deion Jones - LB - Tigers

LSU senior OLB Deion Jones was named the SEC Defensive Player of the Week.

Jones was a key player in Saturday's 19-7 win over Texas A&M. The Aggies put up only 250 total yards of offense in the contest. For his part, the 6-foot-1, 220-pound senior recorded 11 tackles (1.5 TFL, 0.5 sacks). Earlier this month, an AFC North scout noted that Jones' speed immediately jumps out on tape. CBS Sports' draft analyst Dane Brugler has also praised his "reactive athleticism."
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

USC's Su'a Cravens would be pretty interesting at WILL. He's got wheels and Zimmer seems to value speed (should run 40 in the 4.5 range). Unideal size, though (6'1/225). Been described as a "moveable chess piece", which I think would also appeal to Zimmer.

Walterfootball's Charlie Campbell has us slotted with Myles Jack at the moment, but I have to believe he goes top-15, even with the injury. But I'd be thrilled if he lasted to our pick.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Myles Jack - LB - Bruins

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes UCLA junior LB Myles Jack has the "edge over" Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith, due to his ability in pass coverage.

Despite suffering a season-ending meniscus tear, The UCLA prospect stock still remains quite high. Jack offers special traits at the linebacker position, with his ability in space. During his time as a Bruin, Jack has wore many hats on the defensive side of the ball, which include time at inside and outside linebacker, safety and cornerback. As long as Jack's medicals check out, he should be a possible top-10 prospect in the 2016 draft.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Give me Brothers in the middle, Barr and Kendricks on the outside. Let's go.

Kentrell Brothers

"He does it all," Jenson wrote. "He has a positive grade for pass rushing, pass coverage and run defense. He leads the nation in tackles and quarterbacks have an NFL-style rating of 59.6 when he is targeted." As for Brothers' 63 stops (which means a tackle that constitutes an offensive failure), only 12 players had more than that over the entire 2014 season. "High tackle totals can be misleading because they don’t take into account where on the field the tackle happened and what the situation was," Jenson wrote. "Our analysts are able to identify tackles that disrupt what the offense is trying to do and label them a stop." Brothers is graded by PFF as the No. 2 linebacker in the FBS at +28.2.
---

Missouri senior LB Kentrell Brothers leads the nation with 12.9 tackles per game.

Brothers was snubbed from the Butkus Award semifinalist list released last week. "That doesn't make a lot of sense," said HC Gary Pinkel said. "Sounds like someone just missed it." Against Mississippi State on Thursday, Brothers forced a big fumble and logged his third blocked kick of the season. He's NFLDraftScout.com's No. 4 ranked inside linebacker and a potential top 100 pick. "Brothers doesn't possess elite size or speed at 6-foot, 238 pounds but he offers terrific instincts, reliable open-field tackling skills and a knack for making the big play," CBS Sports' Rob Rang wrote
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

The Brothers kid is very appealing but more so as a 2nd rder.
I like the Sua Cravens kid as a modern day Polamalu. Doubt that Myles Jack is available when we draft.
Also up front I like the big DT from Baylor.