Jaylon smith lb notre dame

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Bigwehrm
Starter

Jaylon smith lb notre dame

Post by Bigwehrm »

Doubt we are picking high enough in the draft to get this guy. But would he fit with our linebackers and scheme or not? Seems to be another stud we could grab from ND.
S197
Fenrir

Re: Jaylon smith lb notre dame

Post by S197 »

I don't think they spend another high pick on a LB. Fuller looks like he'll be a heck of a wr tho

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Yeah just thinking out loud. Lots of picks need to go to OL and S first before LB.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I think LB is a need. After Greenway retires (after this season?) and the trading of Hodges (who was borderline starter if not starter-quality) behind Barr and Kendricks we have Edmond Robinson (7th rounder) and Brandon Watts (7th rounder). Audie Cole (7th rounder) is a free agent after this season. Casey Matthews is on the practice squad and is a free agent after this season. I would think the Vikings place an original round tender on Cole or re-sign him but even so, I'm certainly not confident with next season's third starter (presumably Cole?) much less the depth at the position. Given our LB situation I'm still shocked Rick traded Hodges.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:I think LB is a need. After Greenway retires (after this season?) and the trading of Hodges (who was borderline starter if not starter-quality) behind Barr and Kendricks we have Edmond Robinson (7th rounder) and Brandon Watts (7th rounder). Audie Cole (7th rounder) is a free agent after this season. Casey Matthews is on the practice squad and is a free agent after this season. I would think the Vikings place an original round tender on Cole or re-sign him but even so, I'm certainly not confident with next season's third starter (presumably Cole?) much less the depth at the position. Given our LB situation I'm still shocked Rick traded Hodges.
Would love to see Edmond Robinson develop. He looks like a baby face but he has that length Zimmer seems to covet in defensive players.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's a need but not a high pick need. They don't spend much time in base anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

pretty bad knee injury for him yesterday. could be a guy we could get in the 4th or 5th rd and stash for a year while he recovers. as far as lbs go i don't think it's a huge need, but it would be nice to have a pure run thumper in there on early downs to allow kendricks to move outside where he's better suited.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Hahahaha 4-5th rd. He will be gone off the board when we pick at #23 in round 1.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

He probably won't play in 2016 but he has gobs of talent. I don't see a day 1 selection, though. That was a pretty bad injury. Red-shirt year. I can see him slipping to round 2. Maybe back-end of the round. I'd be surprised if he lasted until the third round.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

Bigwehrm wrote:Hahahaha 4-5th rd. He will be gone off the board when we pick at #23 in round 1.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

like i said. 4th or 5th rd
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Just asked a Defensive Coordinator about Jaylon Smith. "Can't take that risk". When? "At all. Poor kid."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Via Dane Brugler...
Feedback coming back today on Jaylon Smith is not positive. Can confirm reports that he failed his medical exam with multiple teams. #Shame
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

he is expected to miss at least one year.. He will be around for a couple rounds I believe due to this
fact. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!