View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 2018 Vikings draft prospects 
Commissioner

Post 2018 Vikings draft prospects
Thread discussing potential draftees for the Vikes.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: 2018 Vikings draft prospects
Quote:
@JReidDraftScout Lots of articles out there linking the #Vikings to Oklahoma OT Orlando Brown. GM Rick Spielman was on the sidelines for the Sooners game vs. West Virginia earlier this season.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

That would be an awesome pick.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Waterboy

3 players I have identified that should fall into the Vikes range.
- Frank Ragnow OL Arkansas... Versatile 4 year starter from MN. Played all over the line. Plus his name is too close to Ragnar not to be a Viking.
- TJ Edwards LB Wisconsin... IMO the glue to that defense. We have been lucky this year that Barr and Kendricks have remained healthy this year. Not sure how much reliable talent after them on the depth chart.
- Allen Lazard WR Iowa St... After Theilen and Diggs who on our roster are viable development projects? Treadwell?

I wouldn't mind moving out of the 1st. There's not much at the end of the 1st round that Id want 5th year control of rights. Although QB may be a need for us come draft day.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:26 pm
Fenrir

Whoever takes Rosen will be deeply disappointed. Probably the Browns because, well, that's what they do.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:17 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I love the idea of going OL in draft and FA to improve LG, RG or RG, RT and move Remmers into RG. #1 rush offense with this defense would be amazing.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 pm
Starter

fiestavike wrote:
I love the idea of going OL in draft and FA to improve LG, RG or RG, RT and move Remmers into RG. #1 rush offense with this defense would be amazing.

Yeah as good as Remmers has been at RT, he looks great at guard. Perhaps we bring back Easton, have Remmers play OG and draft a RT with the option to play him inside or keep Rashod Hill starting there.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:09 am
Starting Wide Receiver

mike2mike wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

Yeah as good as Remmers has been at RT, he looks great at guard. Perhaps we bring back Easton, have Remmers play OG and draft a RT with the option to play him inside or keep Rashod Hill starting there.
I worry about Hill because he's a really bad few games. I hope he can figure things out because he started quite well.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:22 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleMustReign wrote:
mike2mike wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

I worry about Hill because he's a really bad few games. I hope he can figure things out because he started quite well.

Hill played pretty well against NO. He lost two battles with Jordan, one of which destroyed the play. Otherwise he was really good and made some key blocks in the run game. Remmers was a complete wreck at LG.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:57 pm
Transition Player

I am hoping that Isidora is physically ready next year. Also we will get Easton back.
I would love to see us get OSU C/G Billy Price. Not that it's a need, but he's a great player.
Maybe my favorite player right now, aside from Lamar Jackson, is DT Vita Vea from Washington.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:12 pm
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote:
I would love to see us get OSU C/G Billy Price. Not that it's a need, but he's a great player.

I like Billy Price a lot. Great character and ability. He'd be another OL pick that could come in and likely start in his first year. With Berger likely retiring, Price would be the perfect player at the perfect position in the draft and match need to the best player available when the Vikings pick in the 1st.

I'm worried he might move up as a prospect after the Combine though, but it seems like this draft class is loaded with OL talent so maybe the Vikes will get lucky and he'll be there when pick #30 comes around.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:30 pm
Rookie

fiestavike wrote:

Hernandez - UTEP would be a good pick for this strategy.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:22 pm
Backup

IIsweet wrote:
Maybe my favorite player right now, aside from Lamar Jackson, is DT Vita Vea from Washington.

I am also on board, I really like Vea :v):

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:36 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Rock45 wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

Hernandez - UTEP would be a good pick for this strategy.

I'm a fan! That would be a great selection.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:50 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

For what its worth, it looks like the Vikings might pick up a pair of late round compensatory picks for Patterson and Peterson.

https://overthecap.com/projecting-2018- ... ory-picks/

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:53 pm
Hall of Famer

We need to draft the Best Def tackle we can. We need Pressure up the middle

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:10 am
Backup

Laserman wrote:

any thoughts on Taven Bryant ?

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:36 pm
Commissioner

G/C Billy Price had successful pec surgery today (incomplete tear during combine). Recovery: 4 months. Should be ready for training camp.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 pm
Backup

Hard to argue going O-line or D-line in 1st round. But if one of the 4 or 5 top QB prospects slides into the 20's...do you make a trade to go get him? Do you take QB with our own pick in 1st?

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:10 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

cmoss84 wrote:
Hard to argue going O-line or D-line in 1st round. But if one of the 4 or 5 top QB prospects slides into the 20's...do you make a trade to go get him? Do you take QB with our own pick in 1st?
Boy that's a good question. I would probably trade the pick for more picks.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

Remmers is not good at RG. I dont know why some of you think he is. He s a decent RT and can improve if we leave him there and draft a GUARD. Or one of these multi skilled players that can play C/G/OT, and are equally talented to play 2 of those positions. And Im not 100% sold on Reiff getting us to the level we have to be on to get to the SB in the next few years.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:57 pm
Hall of Famer

cmoss84 wrote:

I would. But the Vikings havent gotten a CLUE how to develop a QB in so long. Was Pep that last, and his main claim to fame was no matter how hard he threw the ball, The HoFer Moss could run it down and make a spectacular catch.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:00 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I want to add Kalen Ballage to this list of prospects. The guy has explosive physicallity and uses it to hit the open field or punish tacklers. I think he could be the kind of guy to wear down a defense, but he also had big play ability with his speed and quickness.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 am
Hall of Famer

ocampo82 wrote:
Laserman wrote:

any thoughts on Taven Bryant ?

Looks like we just address this need signing Richardson from Seattle DL. Need to draft more OL and DL

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:47 pm
Commissioner

Wisconsin LB Jack Cichy has a private workout scheduled with the Vikings

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:05 pm
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
G/C Billy Price had successful pec surgery today (incomplete tear during combine). Recovery: 4 months. Should be ready for training camp.

Price probably drops into the 2nd because of this, which means he should be there at #30, but Spielman could probably work some magic to grab a good prospect at another position in the 1st and then move up to grab Price in the 2nd if he really likes him.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 pm
Waterboy

Hello fellow Vikings fans. Googled you guys a few weeks ago, been lurking and finally decided to see if I could join you guys. Thanks for letting in.

Anyway, what do you guys think about grabbing CB Isiah Oliver from Colorado at 30? I know the team has some excellent CB talent already, but Xavier Rhodes got hurt a lot at the end of the season. And I am of the old adage that you can never have enough good DBs.

Here is Brett Kollmann's analysis of Isiah Olivier. Kollmann is IMHO, one the best amateur Football talent analysis out there. How this guy isn't on some NFL scout team I'll never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_stSvqc4gMk

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]