View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Packers continue their streak 
Career Elite Player

Post Re: Packers continue their streak
one and done !!

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:08 am
Site Admin

GBFavreFan wrote:
as the luckiest and most overrated friggin team in the NFL. Just like last year, where they got into the playoffs ONLY because the Cardinals clinched, they get in this year the same exact way, by playing a team of 2nd stringers at home.

Has anyone else noticed how the Packers have played almost every team at their absolute weakest point? The Giants would've been crushed by ANYBODY after their collapse against the Eagles last week. They played the Eagles in Kevin Kolb's first ever start. They play the Cowboys when they're 1-7 and th team completely fell apart. They play the Vikings in Childress' swan song after completely losing the locker room, and they almost beat a completely overconfident PAtriots team.

This Packers team just like last year is a 9-7 team that always manages to eek one or two more games on their record out of PURE luck. I am so happy that all those idiots who projected them to win the division and win the Super Bowl dominantly were so wrong. Their record is worse than last year.

And now next week they're going to destroy the Bears practice squad and everyone will act all impressed again!? Give me a break, packers suck!

Wow, I didn't even think about that angle last night. With the Eagles now out of the running for a bye, Da Bears are all but locked into the #2 slot (need both Falcons and Saints to lose along with a win to get #1), there is a good chance they rest some key guys next week.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:00 am
All Pro Elite Player

They were lucky Vick didn't start the game against them. They surely would've lost

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Transition Player

The Giants best WR, Nicks just got a broken toe. So they could be without their top 2 receivers this week.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:09 pm
Hall of Famer

screw the urine stained losers ...... go bears

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:40 am
Hall of Famer

i think the packers will make it to the nfcc game unfortunately. :cry:
the packers almost beat the patriots with rogers out. :confused:

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:04 pm
Site Admin

hibbingviking wrote:
i think the packers will make it to the nfcc game unfortunately. :cry:
the packers almost beat the patriots with rogers out. :confused:

I hope we didn't give them the blueprint for beating the eagles

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:58 am
Hall of Famer

GBFavreFan wrote:
as the luckiest and most overrated friggin team in the NFL. Just like last year, where they got into the playoffs ONLY because the Cardinals clinched, they get in this year the same exact way, by playing a team of 2nd stringers at home.

Yup they've been lucky for sure. Then again, so were the Vikings two years ago when we got in thanks to the Giants resting all of their starters. And we still barely won, last second FG.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:36 pm
Rookie

Looks Like we can see what happens if vick plays the whole game.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:19 pm
Hall of Famer

I agree to an extent. I can't be so much of a "hater" that I can't recognize the team is at least "good" though I don't think they're great.

I do think they'll be exposed against Atlanta ... big time.

However, if they pull out a victory against Atlanta I think you can't help but admit they're a pretty good team. Wouldn't that be something? Chicago Vs. Packers NFCC game? I don't think it's any mystery who will win the Chicago/Seakhawks game.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:25 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

unfortunately greenbay is playing pretty well. I hope Atlanta kicks the dog #### out of them but it will be a close game IMO.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 am
All Pro Elite Player

Cliff wrote:
I agree to an extent. I can't be so much of a "hater" that I can't recognize the team is at least "good" though I don't think they're great.

I do think they'll be exposed against Atlanta ... big time.

However, if they pull out a victory against Atlanta I think you can't help but admit they're a pretty good team. Wouldn't that be something? Chicago Vs. Packers NFCC game? I don't think it's any mystery who will win the Chicago/Seakhawks game.

Hmm. Who won the first Seahawks/Bears game in Chicago this season?

The bye week gives the Bears a huge advantage (and they were pretty injury-free this season anyway), but the Seahawks have a shot in this game if Hasselbeck plays lights-out again.

John

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 am
Commissioner

TrenchGoon wrote:
unfortunately greenbay is playing pretty well. I hope Atlanta kicks the dog #### out of them but it will be a close game IMO.

Roddy White questionable! Uh Oh!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:45 pm
Practice Squad

if only that kicker made one of those two missed field goals, the Packers would probably been out.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:36 pm
Site Admin

Memento wrote:
if only that kicker made one of those two missed field goals, the Packers would probably been out.

That's the cheap answer. Those missed FG's were not at the end of the game, so if made, they completely change the game, they don't mean Philly automatically wins.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 am
Rookie

Packers got lucky again!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:40 am
Starter

31-36, 366yds, 3TD, 1 rushing TD.

PURE LUCK

Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:53 am
Hall of Famer

Murgen wrote:

PURE LUCK

LOL! - Not all of us feel that way, but even I will admit that I didn't think that:

1) The Packers would win; and
2) Win as convincingly as they did.

Before you get too cocky, though, remember that the Pack is a Wild Card team for a reason. Da Bears get a similar amount of 'respect' (lack thereof) by some on this board too. But they are also the #2 seed for a reason. You guys just 'knocked off' the #1 seed, so you're certainly capable of taking it all the way, but we will see. Every team I was "pulling for" lost yesterday, so I am thinking of rooting for the Bears today and the Packers next week. LOL!

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 am
All Pro Elite Player

Just Me wrote:
Murgen wrote:

PURE LUCK

LOL! - Not all of us feel that way, but even I will admit that I didn't think that:

1) The Packers would win; and
2) Win as convincingly as they did.

Before you get too cocky, though, remember that the Pack is a Wild Card team for a reason. Da Bears get a similar amount of 'respect' (lack thereof) by some on this board too. But they are also the #2 seed for a reason. You guys just 'knocked off' the #1 seed, so you're certainly capable of taking it all the way, but we will see. Every team I was "pulling for" lost yesterday, so I am thinking of rooting for the Bears today and the Packers next week. LOL!

That exact same thing happened to me so I was pulling for the Packers and of course they win

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 am
Starter

GB is a wild card team because they downright sucked in a couple of games they should have won. GB is not invincible by any stretch. They seems to play better in domes (go figure) than outside.

(assuming bears win)
The Chicago D is like GB Kyrptonite and mucks up everything on our offense. We can't run for squat against them. Passing is difficult cause Rodgers is always under pressure cause they know we ain't gonna run it well (maybe with Starks that will be different).
Throw in a GB ST that is worst in the league and blows chunks and can give up 7 at any moment vs a Bears ST that is excellent. Then add in playing outside in bad weather in windy Chicago in a NFCCG on crappy Soldier Field turf. Then trying to run a slant happy offense there. Ugh...

High off yesterday's win. Hell yeah. Cocky....hell no. GB could easily lose the game to Chicago next week (if that is how it turns out).

Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:22 pm
Commissioner

Murgen wrote:

PURE LUCK

Don't worry. He'll choke your season away one of these games.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:03 pm
Starter

Demi wrote:
Murgen wrote:

PURE LUCK

Jeez, that was insightful analysis. Thanks.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Murgen wrote:
Demi wrote:
Murgen wrote:

PURE LUCK

Jeez, that was insightful analysis. Thanks.

here's hoping rodgers gets a concussion!

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 am
Transition Player

Demi wrote:
Murgen wrote:

PURE LUCK

Did you see how inept the Falcons were at simple things like tackling? How do you get a guy (a pro bowler) coming free off the edge so much, and the guy misses tackles so badly over and over again. Ends up turning a 5-10 yard loss to a 20 yard gain, inexcusable.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:28 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

This is the image floating around facebook from my packer backer friends.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:54 pm
Hall of Famer

the packers remind be of the patriots except they have a better defense and bigger wr's that can break tackles. they can score 30+ points. i dont see the bears outscoring the packers in the playoffs. if the bears hold the packers too 21 points or less they have a good chance.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:17 am
Transition Player

hibbingviking wrote:
the packers remind be of the patriots except they have a better defense and bigger wr's that can break tackles. they can score 30+ points. i dont see the bears outscoring the packers in the playoffs. if the bears hold the packers too 21 points or less they have a good chance.

They held them to 10 points in GB's house 3 weeks ago.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am
Starter

TrenchGoon wrote:

here's hoping rodgers gets a concussion!

I'm surprised the mods let people post vicious garbage like that here. You also sound very immature posting stuff like that. Grow up.

Last edited by Murgen on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:36 am
Starter

Hamburglar wrote:
hibbingviking wrote:

They held them to 10 points in GB's house 3 weeks ago.

Thanks to the WRs dropping quite a few balls. If they had caught them, the score would have been higher. But yeah, it's definitely a concern. Bears D matches up really well against the Packers. If they can keep Rodgers rattled, I could see the Bears winning in a close low scoring Defensive battle. If not, I think GB walks away with it.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:40 am
Site Admin

good point, off to the shack with this thread.

Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next