Pick4 - The Rules

Our annual Pick4 football contest held each year for bragging rights. All are welcome to play!

Moderator: Moderators

glg
Site Admin

Pick4 - The Rules

Post by glg »

General

The rules of the Pick4 contest are pretty simple. You are picking 4 games out of the 14-16 played each week against the spread.

Threads

I usually do one thread each week. I'll post the lines, you post your picks, feel free to post any smack talk too.
Then, when I do the results, I will add them to the same thread. I will add " - Results" to the title so you know the results are in.

Lines

Here is an example line:

Green Bay +3 at Minnesota -3

This line indicates that Minnesota is at home and that Minnesota is favored by 3 points (-3). So, a pick for Minnesota is a pick that Minnesota will win by more than 3 points. A pick for Green Bay is a pick that Green Bay will either win or lose by less than 3 points. If Minnesota wins by exactly 3 points, the game is a push.

Posting your picks

Choose your games, then add your entry to the thread. Your picks should be formatted like this:

MINNESOTA -3
NY Jets +2
Houston +8
SEATTLE -5

Once you have posted your picks, you may not change them. The official scorer will disallow any posts that have been edited.

Deadline

We now allow you to pick Thursday and Saturday games and pick the rest of your picks on Sunday.

Scoring

You receive 2 points for each correct pick and 1 point for each push. A perfect week is 8 points. I will total scores and post them at the end of each week, along with the season total. As time permits, I will post preliminary scores on Monday prior to the MNF game. The top scorer at the end of the regular season is crowned Champion.

Entries

All are welcome to play. We won't drop you if you miss a week, you pick what weeks you can.