Vikings Suspend In-person Club Activities

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Vikings Suspend In-person Club Activities

Post by Mothman »

From Tom Pelissero on Twitter:
@TomPelissero

The #Vikings are currently evacuating their team facility, where coaches and other personnel had reported for work today, per sources. No known positive cases there, but they played the #Titans on Sunday and likewise have suspended in-person club activities starting today.
This is because:

makila
Franchise Player

Re: Vikings Suspend In-person Club Activities

Post by makila »

Ugh just saw. First teams since the season started to have to close facilities I believe. Hopefully all our guys come back negative.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'm just gonna state the obvious that everybody feels ... I hate this sh*t.

So stinking sick of Covid this and Covid that.

That's not a political statement. I believe everybody has a right to their own level of comfort with this.

It just stinks.

No fans. Cardboard cutouts and fake crowd noise.

Masks everywhere.

Even the stupid announcers are separated by plexiglass.

Remember The Truman Show? We're all Truman Burbank, living in a stupid bubble.

I hate this sh*t.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

If this season lasts over 10 games, it’d be a miracle.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Not sure how TN or the Vikings play Sunday.

My guess is the NFL is seriously considering cancelling both those games to avoid spreading it to other teams.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I wish the NFL canceled the season and wait until next year
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Pretty inevitable with the NFL not going the NBA route with a bubble. Hope no more positives and if there are, hope everyone ends up OK. I don't think the season finishes (16 games) unless the NFL somehow halts travel. Maybe that's for the best? Stop the spread and also prevent GB from getting another SB since they look really good.

I mentioned this in another thread - but I'm pretty concerned about Zimmer being on the sidelines. If he gets COVID he's definitely in the age group where COVID could be really dangerous.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 am I'm just gonna state the obvious that everybody feels ... I hate this sh*t.

So stinking sick of Covid this and Covid that.

That's not a political statement. I believe everybody has a right to their own level of comfort with this.

It just stinks.

No fans. Cardboard cutouts and fake crowd noise.

Masks everywhere.

Even the stupid announcers are separated by plexiglass.

Remember The Truman Show? We're all Truman Burbank, living in a stupid bubble.

I hate this sh*t.
For sure man. We're living in a distopian nightmare right now. It's most likely going to get much worse too during the fall and winter until we get a working vaccine so strap in.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnbreech/s ... heduled%2F

I would not like it if they decided to give Vikings a bye on Sunday instead of week 8 because of covid
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

TSonn wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:46 pm Pretty inevitable with the NFL not going the NBA route with a bubble. Hope no more positives and if there are, hope everyone ends up OK. I don't think the season finishes (16 games) unless the NFL somehow halts travel. Maybe that's for the best? Stop the spread and also prevent GB from getting another SB since they look really good.
:lol:
I mentioned this in another thread - but I'm pretty concerned about Zimmer being on the sidelines. If he gets COVID he's definitely in the age group where COVID could be really dangerous.
Yes, quite a few coaches and non-player personnel around the league are in that age group. I think it's been folly for the NFL to go forward with this season and like others, I'll be surprised if they can finish. For the Vikes, an early end to the season might be merciful.

I share your hope that everyone will be okay.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:28 pm For the Vikes, an early end to the season might be merciful.
Amen to that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

This might teeter on political talk here, and mods feel free to delete if necessary...

But if I were a team in a state that's handling COVID well (subjective, I know), I would boycott playing in states that have high positivity rates and I would boycott playing against teams coming from those states in your stadium.

It just highlights the complete lack of direction and federal response we've had as a country.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

TSonn wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:55 pm This might teeter on political talk here, and mods feel free to delete if necessary...

But if I were a team in a state that's handling COVID well (subjective, I know), I would boycott playing in states that have high positivity rates and I would boycott playing against teams coming from those states in your stadium.

It just highlights the complete lack of direction and federal response we've had as a country.
The NFL should have created a pseduo bubble.
1. Team and team employees with access to players stay in a hotel for 6 months.
2. Team locks down a 2nd hotel for visiting teams.
3. Daily testing as usually
4. Chartered flights cleaned an hour before and after take off.

That would have given the best change for success. Allowing people to go home is crazy.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

One of the reports I heard was that one of the Titan's coaches (LB?) tested positive on Friday but was still with the team. If so, that's a really big F-up. Although there's a chance they got it on the plane home and no Vikings players were impacted.

I guess we'll know in a day or so.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:01 pm One of the reports I heard was that one of the Titan's coaches (LB?) tested positive on Friday but was still with the team. If so, that's a really big F-up. Although there's a chance they got it on the plane home and no Vikings players were impacted.

I guess we'll know in a day or so.
Titans are idiots